Family Fun

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saturday!

Weekends are always lovely. Yes, I have to work a lot of them, BUT one less chore is finding somewhere for Peyton to go and usually get at least one day where I don't have to do the dressing. Steve got a dose of my reality today when he got her dressed. The girl will only wear dresses now. Nothing else will do. And if you try, like Steve did to

day, she freaks out on ya. He put on a skort and shirt and not the red polkadot dress that she wanted. A few butt bustin's and a lot of tears, she finally put on the skort. This is a battle I fight every day, and I am glad to say, I wasn't here to witness it. But when I got home, she was still pouting. I do have to do her hair every day. Steve, God love em, can't do the girls hair if his life depended on it. If it's a headband, he can do it. That's it though.

Yes, Auntie S. He really does need Sunday off. Unfortunately he has to take a test. He's usually in there taking tests for 3 hours! Ridiculous. I think he will be on top of the world when this class is over. I will be too.

Had some showings today. Went well. I hoping they go with one of them. ha Wouldn't that be nice. But I have a feeling they want to keep looking. I am motivated to make more money. I didn't think this showing was going to occur today, so I was on the horn trying to make something happen and make it a productive day. It kinda turned out productive. I think I am going to hold one of my listings open tomorrow and just see if I can get anything out of it. It's in my neighborhood so it's not like I have to go far. ha

Peyton, Peyton. The thing that cracks me up about her lately is she makes up words. If she doesn't know what something is, she makes one up. I wish I could remember them, but they are so off the wall, I forget it. But like I asked Steve the other day, "Really, why isn't that word. I mean..why not". ha Maybe she can make up her own language. She also cracks me up with her conversations. I like to just have her come up on my lap and talk to me. I start asking a question and she will go off on a tangent. (sp?) I'll ask, "What is your favorite thing in our castle". (which is what she calls our house because she is cinderella and all.) She looks around and says, "my bed". I say, "Really, why"...."Because it's a big girl bed. Because it's pink. Because the kitty isn't aloud in my room. Chloe isn't allowed in there either. Because Chloe pooped in my room. Because Daddy picked it up. Because...where is my kitty. Because he's sleeping. Because he's tired. Because he's over there. Because I like my bed the most. SOOO FUNNY. I am going to record it one day so you can see what I mean. But that recreation right there is pretty accurate. hehe

Today's events consisted of....showings, steve studying, steve has a sore throat, lunch, more work, nap, Black Eyed Pea for dinner (YUMMY), trying to figure out a way to save money while we are spending $30 for dinner, then to RC and Kev's house and played poker for a little bit. That's it. Uneventful. So until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That clothes issue w/Peyton is so funny to hear but really tough for you all. Wendy never did that but my sister's daughter DID! I heard somewhere it is an independance issue & parents should select two outfits & let child have a choose & "win" that way. I think Peyton is a very smart, thinking child with her own language to prove it!!!
Steve, keep going, the prize is in sight! Ally, keep showing, the prize is in sight AND Peyton, keep talking, the prize is already yours!
Love, Auntie S