Family Fun

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just a hangin'

The highlight of my week! Subs! Oh man...good stuff. Per auntie S's request I will describe. ha
I got a whole cheese steak and 1/2 reg., and steve a whole reg. and a 1/2 cheese steak. We had some for lunch, some for dinner and will have more for lunch tomorrow. ;))) Lettuce, tomatoe, onion, peppers on the side. The cheese steaks take a little work. But steve does great at making them taste like they are fresh off of the Sack-O's grill. She grills up onions, takes the meat out and heats that up seperate from the bread because if you just microwave the whole sub it can get soggy. Add some mayo and peppers, and good to go! YUM!!!! I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow.

Steve stayed home today claiming a sore throat. Which he has had for over a week. I told him to go to the dr...as he is always telling me to do if I even tell him a hair folicle hurts. But he wouldn't go. But he got to enjoy subs for lunch too.

I went and got Peyton some craft stuff to do over the next week or so to keep her busy. I can sense that she is bored. I have to be creative and do things that will stimulate her and burn some of this energy that she keeps. She asked me today, "Momma I wasn't born". I kinda laughed and said, "yes, you were..right from my tummy, and I have the video to prove it." She said, "YOU DO". Back up a little...girl LOVES to "watch herself as a baby". I have countless videos from birth to present. She prefers the baby videos over the newer videos. So anyway, she begged to be able to watch it. I was looking for it, and she was behind me, "you find it Mommy? Is it that one. How about that one." I turned it on. Glued to the TV for the full half our of the video. She had lots of questions. "They hurt your tummy Mommy." I explained that they didn't hurt me. (although..really they did. ha) " Mommy are they going to fix your tummy? I was at the dr. You were at the dr. I got a shot and was crying. I didn't get shots that day. Why were your crying, Mommy. Where are they taking me." etc. you get the drift. She watched it 2 times. ha

Not much else. Had my meeting and tour this morning. Had a showing this afternoon. Went grocery shopping. We seriously are going to have to cut back. Steve is carpooling to work, I am clipping coupons. We aren't/can't eat out as much. Looking like I am going to have to cut the cleaning ladies for a while. BOO-HOO! That is upsetting. I have gotten so spoiled with having them. But seriously...spending a lot more at the grocery store and gas. It really has eat into our budget bigtime. Electric bills are going up because of how hot it is, the water bill is higher so keep the yard alive, and just overall do not have as much money left over at the end of the month. Time to cut back and keep an eye on the money going out the door. I am hopeful the economy is going to get better soon. Thus, making all these people I have on the fence about buying homes decide it is a good time to buy.

I haven't been sleeping well lately. Having a hard time falling asleep and waking up more during the night. So I am really tired tonight. I am going to hit the hay. More tomorrow peoples!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Steve's sore throat was because he needed to swallow sub bites! The "baby born" story was priceless! We just have to save these tales for years later & maybe before their wedding share them! LOL! Not sleeping cause you are getting fit for The Lazy Race! Good Luck! Love, Auntie S