Family Fun

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Look Mom, no floaties"

This child shocks the hell out of me on a daily basis. Just Sunday she was swimming with the floaties. We tried it without the floaties, and she really didn't do that great. Two days later...swimming with Nana, she says to her, "I don't want to wear these floaties anymore." We always let her try swimming without them with our assistance. She took them off and swam right to her Nana. Unbelievable. Nana calls me and says you might want to come over here and see this..she is swimming without her floaties. I'm thinking, she's paddeling around a little. So I was fixing to go pick her up for the day anyway, so I scoot on over there and sure enough the above video is what I find. She set her mind to the fact that she isn't going to wear those floaties anymore, and she is going to sink or swim. And swim she did. Unbelievable. It is just amazing to me. I think Sunday she saw Sydney swimming around like a little fish and watched to see how she did it, and just figured it out. Craziness I tell ya. Congrats Peyton! Nana is just thrilled that she got to be the one there when she did it for the first time. I am happy too. But I am glad I got there quick to see her excitement.


She is also a very observant child. She came in our bathroom yesterday and first thing she says, "where is Daddy's green toothbrush?" I didn't really have any idea what color Steve's toothbrush is let alone my own. I look...then I look in the trash can and can see the empty wrapper of the new toothbrush. Sure enough...he had changed his green one to a blue one. I was shocked by that too. I think all these years, and really more than to any extent that we all know of or observed, she has been watching everything. She sees things we don't. She witnesses things that we didn't know she did. She soak it all up like a sponge. She learns it. She thinks and dreams about it. She processes everything. Every little, teeny, tiny thing. So weird. But we are all busy just taking for granted how to do things, and just does them without thinkin how we learned it or that our child is even watching us do it. It really is unbelievable to watch as she learns and grows and all that goes behind it.



Peyton is spending the night at her Nana and Papa's house. Papa asked her if she wanted to and that was the end of that. Which works out well for me because I have to work at the AC co. tomorrow. She will have more fun there tomorrow than sitting up at that office. But I didn't get to spend much time with her today, she's gone tonight and I won't be able to pick her up until after 5pm tomorrow. Have I mentioned being a working mom sucks. We will have to do something special just Steve, me and Peyton. We are thinking about taking her to the drive through animal thing. You know where there are giraffs that come in the window of your car. Can't think of the name of it. She may love that or hate it. I don't know if that will scare her.



Today for me was kind of slow. Not much going on today. A good break after the the past several days. Peyton initially went over to Nana's because a friend of hers was bringing her son and another child over to swim and we thought she would enjoy that. Well, we had a storm come through early in the afternoon and they didn't come. So they will try again for Thurs.



Here are a few more pics of her swimming with no floaties. Enjoy and more tomorrow.





Swimming to Nana

Swimming from Nana

Hanging out with Nana

She's a little fish.

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

WOW - WAY awesome! Congratulations, Peyton!