Family Fun

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The York Team ROCKS

Uh huh..you know it..The York Team came in 2nd PLACE!!!! Thank you very much! Here is the lowdown!
There were 9 teams. Katie and Jessica, Brian's YOUNG sisters won 1st, and I can't remember now who came in 3rd. (old age) Where were Kevin and RC in this line up!!!! LOL!!!! Something like 7th or 8th.....wayyyy back there. Where was Brittany in this line up!!! Again, like 7th or 8th!!!! LOL I can't believe they sucked it up so bad. And the funny thing is, they are such sore losers that they keep accusing me and Steve of cheating! They just can't get over that Steve and I ROCK! We may be fattys but we are still competitive, get it done, people. So Harris'...BOOO to you! We did NOT cheat. The only thing that happened was on the obsticle course, Steve came out the side and didn't come out the end on the last thing. But Little Brian gave us our card. Seriously...that was maybe 2 seconds gained. 2nd to 7th place...2 seconds ain't gonna mean squat. They say we dumped out our snow cone...hell no...we just figured out after a couple of big bites...gotta take small bites or the frozen head comes on faster. Plus I am a master driver....minus almost hitting a man in the parking lot...I got us back and forth very quickly. ha
I'm sure this will all be on Andi's blog too, but here are the tasks:
Everybody went in a different order, but all the same tasks were done.
Pick up as many lays as possible scattered on the yard. Get next clue:

find the green dot on the bottom of 100 lay flowers layed on the table. Get clue:

find a key buried in a sandbox. Get clue

fill a tube with water using shot glasses. Ping pong ball in tube must come up to top. get clue (that one sucked...a lot of running back and forth from bucket to tube.)

Find a rubber ducky full of rubber duckys in a bath tube full of water that says 1st annual lazy race on it.

Go to the snowcone stand up the street and eat a tigers blood snow cone. There was nearly a lot of yacking going on.

Get on these stupid horse bouncy things and bounce across the yard and back. this was Very hard. Couldn't do it. had to walk it with it in between my legs...I fell over 2 inches from a big steaming pile of dog crap!

Go through this blow up obsticle course thing. Steve did great!

Play a hand of poker and win against andi

complete a word scramble

Hum...I think that was it. It was 95 degrees during all of his. We were all sweating like pigs. I was light headed for a good 3 hours. We all were doping up on advil before the race to help with the aches and pains afterwards, and I am sure there are many hitting the advil again. I know I am..ha

So anyway...it was really a lot of fun. We got $50 out of it..so that's cool. Thanks Linder's...they did a good job putting it on, and the bbq was great too.

So there ya have it....2nd place people! hahahahahahahahaha....nanananana...boboboboboboooo hehe

Tomorrow...father's day. Steve and the bro-in-laws are going to play golf all day. We are going to do breakfast with dad. Steve is taking the day for himself, and I don't blame him. For Steve's Step dad...we are planning a bbq rib dinner, as per his request. We are going to have to do it on Monday though...or whatever day he can do it. Steve was worried about that and was going to skip out on golf with the boys, but I reminded him that he is a dad too, and should go do what makes him happy and have fun. I hope Jim won't mind. We'll make it a nice evening for him. He is understanding with all that. The holiday celebration doesn't necessarily have to be ON the holiday. Unlike...some people I know... not naming names.

Ok my peeps. That's the story. Have a good Sunday/Father's day. xoxo

4 comments:

Rae Carol said...

Steve did the Obstacle course easily? Well Ya...when ya CHEAT!!! Ok, I am done calling you cheaters now. Your the ones who have to live with it. Oh yeah...I forgot about the flowers and word scramble. We did that word scramble in like 2 secs flat!! Happy Father's Day, Steve. Enjoy playing golf!! ( Don't cheat!!)

Anonymous said...

OH... MY... GOD...! I thought MY KIDS were THE MOST competive! You guys are cracking me up! I agree that the early blog may have been due to race factors. Your discription is so good! I am a VERY visual person so I can picture it so clearly! 2nd. place is very good! Do Brian's sisters have an advantage since they had 2 females working together? Our kids called Unc Richard for Father's Day & they ask if their call is first! You West kids are GREAT! Love, Auntie S

Andi said...

hehehe,I am still laughing about almost falling in the pile of dog poo! Now that would have been funny! Congrats on 2nd place Yorks, I am impressed!

JESSICA said...

Ya, I'm impressed with that 2nd place finish, too! Seriously, congrats!
I guess someone above must have forgiven you for breaking my chair and then saying you wouldn't feel bad if you left it there for me to sit in.
Have a good week! Go sell some homes, would ya???