Family Fun

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's. This is the video I made for Steve for Father's Day. He loved it. I couldn't get it to burn onto a disk for some reason, so he had to watch it on the computer...which I guess doesn't matter because he would have had to watch it there anyway...so whatever.

Today Steve we got up and got ready to go to Dad's. We were running late so I just went ahead to go over there and start breakfast so I didn't get yelled at. Got breakfast going at Dad's, all ate and hung out. They boys left to go play golf for the rest of the day and us girls, kids and Dad swam in the pool. Left there about 4:30 and us girls and kids headed to Pasadas (mexican place) to have Brittany's boyfriend wait on us. He waites tables there. Peyton and I came home and hung out. Steve got home around 8pm. I cleaned house and Steve started to prepare the ribs we are making for Jim tomorrow. I have to cook those in the afternoon for like 4 hours and then we will take them over there to cook on the grill. Got Potatoes, corn, rolls and i think Steve's mom is making salad. Got some strawberry shortcake too for desert. It should be good.

Peyton has had a very busy weekend. Saturday She and I hung out in the morning while I prepared my afternoon of work. Steve got home from work, and off I go to work. I went to leave the house and I said, "I will be back in a while, Mommy has to go work for a little bit." She FREAKED out! "No Mommy, I want to go with you. Please don't leave. Let me go. Don't work, Mommy."....on and on all while crying and screaming. I tried to calm her and tell her I will be back very shortly and her and daddy are going to to the store and will see her back home. Steve had to pull her off of my legs so I could get out the door as I was already running late. I just hurried out the door. I could hear her screaming right inside the door. Broke my heart. Steve said after I left she sat by the door to the garage for at least 5 minutes crying. She wouldn't let him bring her in the other room. Ok...double break my heart. So later after we all got back, I asked her why she cried when Mommy left and that she knows anytime I ever leave her I will always be back for her. She said she knew. So I said, "so Peyton, don't make Mommy sad by crying like that. I will always come back home but Mommy has to work to buy all the pretty dresses and hair bows and shoes for you." She said, "Ok, Mommy. But I just love you very much". Ok...tears start flowing. It is so hard to be a working mother. Moreso than I ever thought. The guilt that goes along with it sucks more than anything. I don't want her to feel abandoned. So the past day or so, she says to me, "you have to leave and work sometimes mommy to make money." I say, "yes, Peyton. A lot of Mommy's and Daddys have to do that." She says, "yeah, so you can buy me some new dresses, right." LOL She is so darned smart, that kid.

Anyway. I am not talking about the lazy race anymore because of the sore losers! Why such the shock that Steve and I could actually have come in second is beyond me. Cause we're fat?? Well, so are some of the others. Maybe our brains are just bigger too! We are a good team together. What can I say. Now that's all I have to say about it.

Ya'll have a great week! Later gators!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video was wonderful & my favorite pic was at the end where you see your backs! All was in PERFECT time with GREAT SONG to Steve! I think you can have a job in films! Peyton will get past this but she just loves you soooo! Sweet! Enjoy it cause at 12 she may not like you! Steve's love for her shows in pics! You too, ofcourse; but for a gal like me who had a
Dad who was absent, it sure looks special! Peyton will have this blog treasure forever! Love, Auntie S