Family Fun

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good stuff

So peaceful. I thought it was funny how her arms were thrown up abovve her. Poor Dora next to her...she doesn't look quite so comfy. ha

So today was good. After my Mom's clinic we met with Andi and the girls at Chili's for lunch. Not only a free lunch, but Mom offered to take Peyton for the day. What...the whole day!!! OMG! Heck yeah! So off she goes with Meme. It's been a long time since my Mom has gotten to keep any of the girls. Probably before her kidney transplant. Mom had surgery last week, so she is still working on getting her strength back. I was a little worried about that because Peyton can wear out fully healthy person. ha But I figured it would cheer my Mom up and make her smile a little. I think it did. So they hung out and Meme's house just watching TV, coloring and playing. After Grandpa John got home they took her out to dinner and went to buy a purse. Meme told Peyton when she went a week and didn't have any potty accidents that she would buy her a purse. Peyton hasn't peed or pooped in her panties in probably a month. Not even when she is sleeping. She wakes up dry every morning. I am still too scared to let her go to sleep without a pull up on though. I'll give that a little longer.

Well, you say...during this wonderful afternoon of peace what did I do....did I shop. No. Too broke for that. Did I work? Nope. Not much going on with work lately. Did I sleep? Hell yeah I did! I slept my butt off. I couldn't believe it. I was thinking on my way back, "what should I do all day". I got home, checked my email..nothing..checked my phone, nothing....screw it. I'm taking a nap! I slept all afternoon. From 1-4! Never woke up even for a minute during that time. God it felt good! I have relapsed a little with the sore throat and stuffyness. Steve has it now and I'm sure I re-got it from him. My eyes have been goopy in the AM too. I do still have drops from the last time I had that...so I better start using them before I have to throw away my make up again. So last night I slept 9 hours and then a 3 hour nap. That's when I know I am not 100% well. I will sleep and sleep. But then within a day or 2 I am feeling better. Sleep cures all that ails ya. Naps are usually a weekend thing, so it was a nice treat. THEN to top it all off, Steve and I got to have a quiet dinner just he and I. We went to The Cheesecake Factory. Expensive little place. We got a appetizer, shared a meal and a dessert for $40 bucks. Geez. But it was GOOD! Then we boogied on over to Momma's house to pick up Peyton. She had a great time, and I think my Mom enjoyed the company. She has been bored recovering all week. So I think it was a good thing for everybody. Thanks Mom!!! It was nice!

Got home and watched DreamGirls. We've do Netflicks and have had it sitting here waiting for us to watch for some time. It was good. Jennifer Hudson...awesome. And that Beyonce'...she is so pretty. I could have done without the cheezy break out in singing during a conversation type thing. But overall, good movie. I better get on Netflicks and move one of my movie pics to the top of the list. Steve got on it and put all these disgusting movies on there, so every so often we get these God awful movies. So I gotta get to it before him. ha

I was going to do an open house tomorrow, but I couldn't. The tenant said the house was too messy. Don't think I willl hold that one open. I am going to hold another one open probably Sunday. Have to coordinate with another somebody else to hold the other listing we have in the same neighborhood open. I think it would help to increase traffic.

So...really nothing planned this weekend other than what I mentioned above. I know Steve has a paper due Sunday so he has to work on that most of Sunday. We also have to get the fence panels put back up tomorrow. So hopefully we will think of at least one thing fun to do.

Auntie S....Braum's is a hamburger/ice cream shop here in the South. It's good.

Ya'll have a bright and sunny weekend! More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful Jill is wanting to have Peyton cause sure sign of feelin better! Loved sleep pic! An Angel! Ahhh, a nap! I still try to get a little one every day! Glad you got one as it must not happen too often! Love movies; Dreamgirls was great! Jennifer Hudson was my pick on Amer. Idol & I threatened to stop watching when they kicked her off!!! Great weekend to you! Love, Auntie S