Family Fun

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weekends are fabulous!

Really not much going on. But I'll do a quick post. Yesterday was kinda stinky. Had a meeting, then some LAST minute showings....(I really hate being rushed like that). Andi was kind enough to let me let Peyton nap over there. Got one of my difficult to approve clients approved for a lease. I'll tell that story next time. Did some more pressing work at home to finish out the afternoon. We went over to some good friends of ours last night for dinner. They cooked out on the grill for my birthday, had a birthday pie, and off to play poker. Peyton was so bad over there. She peed in her big girl panties not once but TWICE!! I was mortified becauses it got on their carpet too. She cut up a magazine, and tore up a piece of paper. She has been a little toot lately. Not listening is the main issue. Gonna have to get tough on that girl. There's a way to put up a poll on here. I am going to do a poll. Time out or spankings. My friends think it's ridiculous that we do time out. I personally think it works to an extent. It gets her out of the situation and lets her think about what she has done. But when there are constant repeat offenses it's time to spank her little butt. Which breaks my heart to do and honestly I probably don't do enough.

Our friends just had a baby. He is tiny but very cute. They asked us if something were to happen to both of them they would like us to take their little boy. We were honored that they asked. And of course we said yes. They both have a little family, but not really close enough to them to feel comfortable with that. So we will be there for them.

Found out a lady two doors down died this past week. She was probably around our age, with about a 10 year old son. The Dad an her have always been in a off and on relationship. Poor kid.

Worked a little today, took a "chair nap", and went on a date with my husband. Steve's folks let Peyton spend the night. Steve and I went to The Keg for dinner. That place is so good. I am not a big red meat fan...but really, their steaks are wonderful. Their strawberry daquries are even better!!! They are a bit pricey, but we shared a meal so it helps. But well worth it. Then to finish off our hot date, we went to Sam's Warehouse! hahaha Really we did. Bought an all in one printer, scanner, fax, copier. Got a great deal on it. It was $130 cheaper than office depot for the same thing. Now we are just enjoying the peace and quiet. Weird not having Peyton here. I miss her even though I needed the break and she probably needed the break too. She loves being over there. They spoil the heck out of her, which is probably why she likes it there so much. A nice break though. A nice day and a nice night. Thanks, Steve for the date. Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so love your blogs! I spanked as it was before "Time Outs" were invented! I am so ashamed I did spank! It just teaches that big people can hit little people? I love "bribery"! Sometimes hard to do but it works! I'm not sure what it teaches, except that there are consequences for your actions!
Loved date data!
Love, Auntie S