Family Fun

Monday, May 19, 2008

Scroll down for a slide show

I wanted to do a written blog. But I already posted a slide show earlier, so I didn't want ou to miss it. So scroll down for the slide show.

Ok. I kinda dogged my Dad yesterday. I am going to need to redeem myself. Really, my Dad is really awesome. He has always, and currently does take great care of all his girls. We are greatful to him for all he does do and has done. It's simply, when it comes to being places on time, and making efforts for his grandkids that bug me. He knows it. I have talks with him about how upsetting it is to me. So he knows what I am talking about. But really, overall...he is very good to us. I am 100% positive he doesn't read these, but just in case....love ya pops!

Ok...that piece of business is out of the way. Today...I'll rate as a 9. I can't complain. Got up, got peyton ready, cleaning ladies came, lawn guys came..all at the same time. I couldn't wait to get out of here. Noisey!

Went to the office to double check the offer for my Mom's house didn't come....nope...it didn't. Went to Andi's house, hung out with her and Jessica, her friend. she goes there and helps them out in the office since I was FIRED!!! (inside joke) Ordered some pizza, let the kids play, did some work, came home, Peyton actually took a a nap! Took her an hour to get to sleep but she did it. Woo-hoo!

We were talking the other night at my friends about how bad Peyton has been. She mentioned that she thought it may be because lack of structure. I don't know what do you all think? She says because I am working more....some days she is with me, some at school, sometimes at her Nana's house, sometimes at Andi's.....etc. And that daycare would make life more structured for her. Because each place I take her does things different. Yes, I take her to different places, but I would say 80-90% of the time she is with me. So I don't know if that is it or not. It's not that I don't believe in daycare, it's just not for me. I promised myself that when I had a baby I would not put them in daycare. Again....nothing against daycare, and those who choose that route. Just for me, not something I care to do. It makes life more difficult...yes...having to work and try to make sure she is cared for. BUT....ya know...she is only 3 once. And if I have days I can spend with her, I want to spend it with her. I want to spend as much time as I can with her. I don't want to put her in a place with a bunch of strangers. I don't know.....like I said...what do you all think? I can see her point, but the more I think about it I'm not sure that's a viable reason. And it's not a viable option for daycare. So we will have to figure it out.

Otherwise....it was a good day. Cooked a little dinner, hangin' out with the hubby and daughter. House is clean, lawn is mowed. Life is good!

I did lose my Lake Country $225k listing today. ;( The girl lives in CA and is renting out the house right now, but they have decided to move back to TX in about 6 months. So she cancelled the sale of her house with me. Bummer. She is sweet though, and wanted my address to send me some wine because I was so helpful to her. That was nice....I kept telling her not to worry about it, but she insisted! Nice. Even though I'm out a bunch of money. haha That's ok. More around the corner.

Ok kids! Have a good day tomorrow!

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

Hi Ally-
You asked for opinions, so here is mine...
I don't think that daycare is for everyone. If you HAVE to work 24/7, then of course there is no other choice. We started Jaydon at a Catholic school at age 2½. He was going 3 days per week and then we felt bad and changed it to 2 days per week. I feel like children have to go to school for 13 years and shouldn't have to be bothered with too much structure before that. Let them have fun! Pre-K is QUITE important, but before that, not so much so. You have to do what you think is right. Even the most angelic children will have their outbursts and bad days. They are kids after all, and if they didn't misbehave, then we couldn't be parents.
Oh...LOVED the slideshow with music. I may be stealing that idea for my blog!

Andi said...

No daycare for my PeyPey...Enough said!!

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about daycare. Never did it, never will. YMCA afterschool program, yes, only because I had to. But I do not like daycare!!! Hey I worked in a daycare. NOT good. Once you get her in a pre-k or a more structured program when she is a little older, things will settle down. in the mean time, stick to your guns and learn patience. You will need it!! Oh and it must be nice to have a cleaning lady and a lawn boy!! Geesh!! The real-estate business must be FAB!! Oh we won YARD of the MONTH!! And we do our own yard. Imagine that!! RC

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment this afternoon but oh well... Try some "Mommy & Me" programs; swimming, cooking, painting... & keep enjoying her... It goes so fast! Sorry you lost that listing but more will come. Love, Auntie S