Family Fun

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A long weekend

Ahhhhh. A long weekend ahead of us all. A little longer at the York household. Steve is taking off tomorrow. Trying to think of something to do that is relatively cheap. We are thinking of going to see a movie or something like that. We haven't been to a movie in FOREVER! I want to see "What happens in vegas..." Looks funny. But then there's the Peyton challenge. Humm...wonder who could babysit. Well, Nana goes to get her hair and nails done on Fridays, so she's out..hummm...who else is there?? Let me think. OHHH...I know of somebody! Hi Andi! So, Andi...whatcha doin' tomorrow? Wanna babysit. ha I already actually asked, and she said ok. I offered a kid swap. She takes Peyton tomorrow afternoon and I will take Ash tomorrow night and let her spend the night, then take her to our hair appt. for our exchange. We'll see. Maybe it will work out.

Not much planned this weekend. I think we are going to take Peyton to get her ears peirced. All she has talked about for 2 weeks. We will see how she does it. I will take pictures and put them on the blog. I have explained that it is going to hurt a little bit. And I have taught her, that when she sits in the chair to get them done, to say outloud really loud "NO PAIN NO GAIN". HEHE I am going to scar my child for life. Not with the earings, just my goofy ways. hehe

What all ya'll have planned this weekend? Anything fun? Thanks to those that comment. Auntie S. Yes, I do have a princess nightlight for her, and have to show her everynight that it's right there and it will give her light so she can see. Apparently not enough.

Today...took Peyton to school. They had a bouncehouse there for them. She was very excited. Next week is her last week of school. Bummer for all involved. But her wonderful teacher, Ms. Carol has let me know that she is watching 2 other kids this summer, so if I needed her to just call and she would watch her. She is so awesome. She is VERY good at what she does. Very loving and caring to the kids. I think she has had enough though. She is ready to move on to a new job. RC see if you can get her a PE aide job. That's what she wants to do. She has been good to our family. She was Ashleigh's teacher, and was so great with her. Ash needed some extra attention at that age (not any more..my goodness...she has come out of her shell since age 2-3), and she really was there for her and gave her the extra attention. She knew Peyton when she was a tiny baby because I always took and picked up Ash from school. Then now she has my little 3 year old. She is special to us all! Thanks Ms. Carol, for all you do and have done! We love ya.

Went and got my nails done after dropping off Peyton. shhhh...technically I was on floor duty, but I got away with it. Had to be done. It was getting ugly. Came home and worked a bit and did my showing this afternoon. Went very well. They liked it, and felt like it could be the one. I have only showed them one, so hey....quick easy cash if it were to work out. We'll see. Nothing is that easy for me, so I am not too optimistic. ha

Picked up Peyton..no nap again! Not anything even close to a nap. I did more work. Was going to take a couple out to show them some areas of houses in the $500k range!!! They never called me back and are leaving town in the AM, so...hummm. Not real sure what to do there. I'll work it out. They will be moving here within the year. I want them to remember me! I want to sell a $500k house!!!

What else....hummmm....we went to El Paseo for dinner. Good Mexican food. We are proud of ourselves, because this is the first time all week we have eaten out. That is good for us. We are trying to do better on that. Sign of the times I suppose.

Hittin' the hay! Later gators!

No comments: