Family Fun

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday


Notice how creative I have been on my titles. ha I took these pictures on my phone. I LOVE the one of Addyson sittin up in her Bumbo chair. The other is Peyton on Mother's day at Steve's folks place. All the other kids were swimming (I think it's still too cold...but whatever), and she was patiently waiting on the sidelines. She understood that she didn't have her floaties so she couldn't go in. Plus...momma wasn't about to get in that water with her!

God I miss the sucky blankie! That's all I will say on that. I wish I knew a new way to get her to relax and be in stillness for more than 1.5 seconds. Naps are a thing of the past....which is tough on us both. (peyton and I, I mean) 3 is tough. Tougher than 2's. Ugghh. I have to find some activities or her in the summer. Or she and I are both going to go stir crazy! Her Nana, Meme and Pop Pop all have pools. So in the summer she swims a lot. And she will probably be at her Nana's mostly, so I am sure she is going to have a full summer of that. I am going to look into some swimming lessons. Maybe a vacation bible school. How about a summer long camp. hehe...no..I kid..really...I'm kidding. ;)

It was a LONNGGG meeting at work....a LONNGGG home tour, and a short broker's open. I think we drove like 90 miles today. "Tour" is when we, as an office, tour our agents new listings. This week took us all over the place to about 7 homes spread out all over Azle and N. fort worth. We usually don't go that far, but because there was so many out in the boonies in the same week....odd by the way....we trucked it on out there. Meeting started at 9am and we didn't get done with it all until 1:30. Hell by that time it was enough time to stop and get a drink and get Peyton. Usually, on meeting days, I enjoy a couple of hours of quiet work time at home. Didn't get that today.

Today's naptime consisted of more vicks vapor rub on the dresser. I have now, and finally emptied her drawers...which I should have done a long time ago....I know. So then, round 2 for a nap try....nope....I missed a little tube of baby orajel, but Peyton did it. I don't really know how to say it to her. How do you make a 3 year old understand. So I told her to just pick up her pillow and go take a nap in timeout....cause she's gonna be there for a while. I am not ready to give up on the naps though. She needs them. I can tell by 6pm...she needed that nap at 2pm. That poor dresser is so slick. haha It has been lubed and tubed.

It is muggy and warm outside. There are big storms on their way...you can feel it outside. Tomorrow...not much goin' on. I am going to make it a day of getting stuff done. House is a mess, I need to go get Peyton a bathing suit and a few summer outfits, I need tubs to clean out her closet, some office supplies, go to the bank, and finish organizing our home office. It is still not all put together. So lookin' like me and Peyton will be hangin' out cleaning and shopping. I am sure there will be some work to do as well....but we'll do that as it comes.

Happy hump day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you all carpool w/you have Tour? In NJ they did & that was 2 yrs ago when gas was cheaper! You sure have a lot of errands to do so you must be exhausted! Wish I was that organized in this office; it is a mess! Maybe Peyton can have a snack before nap as a routine to get ready. Or a reward for fast to sleep? Good luck!