Family Fun

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you Momma's out there! It's going to be a busy Mother's day, and probably not very relaxing. Go from my mom's house to steve's mom's house. No rest for me on Mother's Day. Which kinda stinks.

Peyton shows off her skills in the video. She does very well with her ABC's. She's a pro by now. Smart kid. I am going to have to say that the 3's suck worse than the terrible 2's. I miss the sucky blanky!!! That blanky was the only way she would sit still. She doesn't sit still at all. Why? Doesn't she just want stillness....ever? So yesterday morning we had to go relieve Andi and watch Addy while she went to "Muffins with Mom" at Ashleigh's school. I pick out an outfit, which was the only clean summer outfit she had, so there was no option for her to pick from. I tried putting it on her, and OHHH NOOO... "No, Mommy...I don't like those panties." "No, Mommy, I don't like that shirt", "No, Mommy, I don't like those pants." Tried 6 times to get the shirt on her, and she wouldn't do it. I spanked 4 or 5 times, i did timeout...nothing would make this girl get dressed. Sooo...I had had it. I told her fine. Go naked. And that she did. I think she was kinda shocked when I walked out to the car and she was standing at the door crying, "Mommy, I'm cold." Ok...let's put it in perspective...it was 80 degrees. So we drive up at Andi's and she is still saying she's cold. We walk into Andi's and Andi starts crying. I explained to Andi the story,and she could see I had no sympathy. Andi grabbed her clothes that I brought with us and Peyton let her put her clothes on right away. I just hope maybe that taught her a lesson. Momma ain't playin' anymore!!! I find toys on the floor, they go in the trash. She doesn't get dressed, she goes naked. She doesn't listen she loses a precious movie. Then she has to earn the movies back.

So my friend, Erica, called me yesterday. I was quite surprised to hear from her. I told her I blogged about her and she hasn't been reading the blog. She didn't even know about it. So she must not read her email very often, as I sent the link over a month ago. She passed her real estate test in WA. I'm proud of her. I am sure she will do well at it. She didn't really have a reason for not contacting me. She just said she wanted to wait to call me until she passed her test. OOOKKK. Whatever. At least I know she doesn't have a grudge going or anything with me. Anyway...moving on. All is well.

So Hopefully you all will have a good mother's day. We all deserve and have earned a day of pampering. Iknow my husband is looking forward to tomorrow. hehe

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I spent a quiet day, watched movie "PS, I love you". Made a big meatloaf/roasted carrots & potatos yesterday so I didn't have to cook. It was great to chat w/my 3 kiddies by phone but I do really miss the hugs!
Poor Ally, I feel bad for you, not Peyton. She MUST believe that YOU are the Leader! Maybe Andi w/sad for you? She may never pull that stunt again & I do think its about that blanky. Hang tough Mommy!She will be good for awhile then the "power struggle monster" w/rear its uggy head again. Its a test; stay tough!Spanking really doesn't work, does it. It just makes us feel bad & then we cave in to their wants in guilt. She w/be wonderful just like her Mommy!
Glad you made peace w/your friend.
Love, Auntie S