Family Fun

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A nice yet not relaxing day

Hope you all had a good mother's day! We did. It was nice, but just a long day. That's the thing about any holiday. Not relaxing. We have to run from one place to another. Started off the morning sleeping good...then SMOKE ALARM!!! And it's not stopping. I finally hop up and open the bedroom door and the house is full of smoke. Steve was cooking bacon and I guess it got out of hand. He's standing in front of the smoke alarm with a broom, Peyton is screaming "Mommy, it's not stopping." Steve by this point is pissed. When he gets pissed he gets more destructive thus making things worse. He "hisses" louder than a cat in heat. He was mad because he wanted to cook me breakfast and give it to me in bed, but the smoke alarm ruined that. He made french toast, eggs and bacon. Yummy stuff. He's a good cook. The bacon wasn't even burnt. ha Steve got me a new office chair for our office. Since we rearranged we needed another one. I haven't had anywhere to sit on my side of the desk as of yet. I got roses and a card. Peyton got me a card, flowers and a neclace with a heart on it that says" I know love because of you". I thought that was sweet. She said, "Mommy, I made you this neclace and breakfast for you." So sweet.

Peyton did pretty good today considering the long day. She had a melt down or two, but nothing too major. We have to get up pretty darn early in the morning, so she was in bed once the sun went down. Living in peace for the rest of the night....ahhhh. :)

We went over to my Mom's house. Had a nice lunch that the boys planned. We did something different this year. We did a game called "A Lazy Race", or something similar. Kind of a mini-version of The Amazing Race. The "Moms" went on a scavenger hunt of sorts. Go to one destination, get a clue, go to the next destination, get a clue. I had a tough time on some of the clues. One was go to CVS and buy something for .50 cents. Finding something for .50 cents is harder than it once was. Me, Andi and Joy (my step-sister) were there at the same time. They were in line with something that was .59. "I said...oh, no no! Our mother said .50 cents...hell I could have found 100 things .59 cents...the challenge was .50. They saw my point and went back to find something. Although they saw what I had and they went and got the same thing. Cheaters. I even was nice enough to let them all pay together. Then andi threw my item down in the parking lot! What a b*&*^. But I got out of the parking lot first...speeding down the street.....missed he light...andi cut through the YMCA parking lot to make the turn without hitting the light, but there was another driveway I cut through and beat her to the exit of the parking lot. LOL Then I go to turn into the street, and there is Joy....I soooo cut her off, then Andi got stuck in 3rd place. It was so funny. Oh, and I had to steal RC's car to go to CVS because she was parked behind me. She probably wouldn't have been happy with our speedracer 3-way race. hehehe It was fun. I came in second place. RC got first. Andi and Joy...sorry to say...no prize for third and fourth. I won a blockbuster card for 2 movies, 2 sodas and popcorn. But I switched with RC's first prize because she rather have that one, and I got her $15 Jack in the Box gift card. Steve eats there for lunch sometimes, so it works out.

Then off to Steve's Mom's. Ate again there. Hung out with that side of the family for a few hours and then finally got home around 7:30. So a long day.

So have a great week folks. I have a showing early, early at 8am. I have to get peyton to her nana's house and get to the showing by 8am. I am not a morning person. But these people wanted to go today at 9am and I told them no since it was mother's day. So I felt obligated to go in the morning. uggghhh.....

I think I am better at the blog thing than Andi lately! She is skipping a lot! Auntie S. You leave great comments. I am glad you had a good Mother's day. Wish you could have been with your kiddos though. Give Uncle Richard a kiss for me. Night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO LOL at the car chase story! How did RC win? So nice of your guys to plan for you all! And Peyton & Steve's gifts were so sweet! God, Steve really is in love w/you! I loved hearing how he did breakfast! Bless his heart!
Even the smoke story! Tell him we use a dish towel to wave away the smoke when we do it but if the whole house is smokey I guess open doors. So glad Peyton was better. Maybe she needs more running around so she's too tired to do "stuff"! I remember Grandson Richie was so hyper that I used to grab his jacket back & steer him around the block as fast as possible till he begged to stop! Kids can really get to you! But now we have stories to tell later! HeHe! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot....Good Luck tomorrow! Sell, Sell, Sell!
Auntie S