Family Fun

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday (oh, and Saturday)




Ooppsss!!! I missed blogging yesterday. I know you are all just shaking with withdrawls. haha


Saturday....not much. Steve had to work, so Peyton and I went to lunch together before heading out to Ash's t-ball game. Ash played very well, looked too cute. Go Ash! Peyton still doesn't understand why Ash couldn't come out of the fenced area to play with her. Poor girl. Then came home cleaned house and off to Burleson. We had a good time at our friends house. We ordered in dinner and played poker. There were 5 kids there! oy.....Well...one is 2 months old, so really he wasn't any bother. The occassional grunt. ha Steve and I lost, so I have to buy lunch for my girlfriend at Potbelly's again. Oh well...a reason to eat Potbelly's. Yummy! It is nice to go and have some good laughs after a long week. We have a good time hangin' with friends.
We got home pretty late so that's why no Saturday blog. Sorry...really!!! I got hate mail...so sorry people. haha Thanks for the comments! I enjoy them.


Today...lazy morning...lazy afternoon...then to Steve's parents house. First day of swimming. Ok. We cheated a little. They heated up the pool a little bit. It was nice, and Peyton jumped right in. I can't even tell you how many gallons of water that girl swallowed. There was a lot of gagging, but I am glad to report there was no puke in the pool today! woo-hoo! ha This is also the first year that she has been potty trained during swim season. So there weren't any accidents there either, but it was about 4 or 5 trips to the potty in all that swimming. That girl was so tired, she didn't last 5 minutes in the car ride home. Sacked out. Had to wake her up for a bath though, so I let her stay up till the sun went down. And I mean...the sun was barely down, and I had that kid in bed. She was soooo tired. The pics above are from today.


RC is probably going to be mad because I didn't go over to my dad's like she was doing today. But R....we had already had planned on having dinner there tonight...the swimming was last minute, so don't give me any crap. ha My dad would probably give me crap too...if he actually read this blog.


I don't know what my dad's deal is, really. He gets mad at us for not calling and coming over as much as he would like, but then he makes absolutely no effort to be apart of our lives over here. Our kids are always having concerts, recitals, school functions, holiday functions...etc...and honestly, I think we have all hear every excuse in the book why he couldn't show up. But yet...he takes kids that Anna watches out to these cool places every so often but doesn't do that kind of stuff with his grandkids. Once a year....at Christmas time, he takes all the kids to the movies. I'm not sure why. It annoys him that the teenager grand daughter doesn't like talking or have a personality. She is 17. No 17 year old has any kind of personality to adults...we all suck to them. He has raised issue that my daughter didn't greet him when he walked into the room.....she freakin' 3! This is a man that raised 3 girls. He is routined in all of this. I sometimes think he bitches just to bitch. Makes up reasons not to spend time with the grandkids. I don't get it really. It's kind of upsetting. I have said things to him many times about it. Andi and RC never will, but I do. All I get is "well they don't aren't banging down my door." My feeling is, he is the adult. He should make the effort to show them that he loves and wants to be around them. Otherwise, the kids move on to people that do. I think he still hasn't accepted that his kids are grown up, and don't want to accept the kids they produced. I don't know. A theory anyway.
Anyway. So after baths and bedtime, Steve and I watched Jackass 2.5. Pretty funny, but really gross. I have to turn my head on a lot of it. But for some odd reason, Steve and I enjoy Jackass...the movies and shows on MTV. We're twisted like that. ha Now it's getting late and I am tired too. So I will need to head it to bed soon.
Not much work at all this weekend. No leads sent my way at all. Kinda weird. Been tha way all week. Don't you people want to buy a house or what. Good news is I got an email Saturday from a Realtor that showed my mom's rent house 2 weeks ago, she said she is writing up an offer for her client and wanted to make sure we didn't have any others on it. "Uhhh...no...!" In fact, the night before, I was doing research to figure out what the heck the deal was. It hasn't been getting showings like it should, I havent been getting sign calls on it, etc. It is the only house in the subdivision for sale right now. It should be getting some hits. I think it is priced half way decent. I think if they would come down another $5k it would sell quick. But I understand why they aren't. Mom did call yesterday right before the lady emailed me and told me to knock the price down $2k. Then I got the email. But the bad news is, I haven't seen the offer. hummm....hopefully she just doesn't like working on offers on the weekends or something, and is waiting until Monday to get it to me. haha God, I hope it's a viable offer! One that we can negotiate and close on! That would be nice for my Mom. I won't make much on it, but hey...every little bit counts.
Tomorrow is going to be the hottest day of the year so far. 96 or something like that. yikes! I am ready for summer, but not the heat. We'll manage.
Alright...I wrote a long blog and added pics since I missed yesterday. That should make it all better. ha
Have a GREAT week! Lookin' forward to it (I guess.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pics are treasures! So glad you got to Peyton's game cause it shows family support, right! HINT! If Mom doesn't accept an offer of 5K off the price she's coo-coo! It costs that in maintinence! SELL! The market is so soft she is lucky to get an offer! Ask me! Glad to get your blogs, I was in withdrawel but thank God Andi DID do hers! Glad you both don't take same days off! As for Dad, just teach your child to respect him which I'm sure you do. I really understand! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Yeah...your really funny, Ally!!! What a B!! Then no show to Britti's Orchestra concert. Poor Britti. Nobody came...again.