Family Fun

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday

Comments, comments! I like em. Thanks for the comments.

So tired today...as I was yesterday. Snoozed in bed this morning with Peyton in my bed watching cartoons. That felt good. Had a lazy morning. I didn't realize that I didn't put my cell phone on the charger last night, and it was as dead as a doornail this morning. Put it on the charger, turn it on...."ding, ding, dong, dong, ring, ring..." 4 voicemails, 3 texts, 10 emails, and 4 reminders. I apparently missed a lot of stuff while snoozing. I was actually thinking to myself this morning how quiet things were. Usually mornings are hectic with phone calls and emails. I think I need to shut my phone off more often. ha Not wise for a Realtor to do! ha

Went to lunch with a friend of mine. We both love this place called Potbellys. They have awesome sandwiches. We both get this one in particular called the wreck. Ham, turkey cheese and god knows what else. Quite yummy. Peyton was SOOO bad when it came time to get dressed. She whined and whined, she cried and cried....I threatened to let her go naked again. She got dressed. She just fought me on everything. I show her which way her underware goes on, and she does the opposite. Didn't like the outfit I picked, didnt want to put her shoes on the right feet, didn't want her hair brushed, didn't want to brush her teeth, didn't want the drink I poored...etc. EVERYTHING a fight. So frustrating. Then she got mad because she didn't get her vitamine before she left. "Well, Peyton, if you had gotten dressed and did what I told you to do, we would have had time to get your vitamine." She cried for 10 minutes in the car over that.

She did ok at lunch. She started to fall asleep in the car on the way home. I told her we were taking a nap when we get home. I go to put her to bed, she wants p.j.'s on. I tell her not to sleep in her tshirt, she throws a fit and tries ripping off her shirt. So I said, "fine, take the shirt off then you sleep naked." She cried for 20 minutes. I look at her on the monitor in the tv and she's digging for p.j.'s. I go in there and try to calm her down as she is kicking and screaming. She was so obviously tired. A tell-tale sign is rosey cheeks for her. They were red before we even left for lunch. I told her "either the tshirt or naked, you pick". She put back on her tshirt. Tried being calm and calming her down. She had herself all worked up. After 2 more tries of telling her to get back in her bed, she fell fast asleep. HALLALULA (sp?)!!!! a good 2.5 hours worth of naptime, quiet and peace. awwwww...Loved it. Then, after she woke up....let me tell ya....a completely different kid arose. Fun, loving happy, and well behaved. I'm tellin' ya. The kid is tired. She always had to have, and I believe, still does need a nap. But damn, that girl fights it to the end!

And yes, a fun night. Wal Mart grocery shopping on a Friday night! Don't be jealous...but really...how lame are we! ha We so badly needed groceries. And seemed everybody and their mother had the same idea as we did.

Kind of a slow week this week. Kinda weird. Still just nursing my Watauga contract along. Option period is up Tues. (fingers crossed). Did a showing today, made a few phone calls, etc. Just not real busy. Now, watch...it will all hit over the weekend.

No big plans this weekend. Lookin' like we are going to go to our friends house out in Burleson. Probably order in and play some poker and let the kids play together. Otherwise...nothing really. Which is fine with me.

Alright....so boring. lottie-da!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These days of learning to dress are HELL, for you & Peyton! Every parent goes thru it, I think. They want to "DO IT" themselves & really can't yet so they get so frustrated & she sounds like she really NEEDS those naps still. I thought so! You are right about giving her choices tho....that's the best but you need to start 4 hours early to get somewhere on time!
After shopping you still have to put the groceries away! Exhausting! We did it today & I was beat. Have fun this weekend & I'm praying Tuesday goes GREAT!!! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

SO HERE IT IS sATURDAY NIGHT AND NO BLOG UPDATE FOR SAT.!!! WHERE IS IT? CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE PLEASE!