Family Fun

Monday, May 5, 2008

Ever wanted to throw a computer!!!!

I AM AT MY WITS END! Let me tell ya. This has been a frustrating day. To start of my day...my week for that matter...I find out that my Katie Ln. listing that HAD a contract on it, fell through today. People changed their mind on the last day of their option period. Ugh. Back on the market, but to add more good news to that (sarcastic) it's looking like it is going to lease before selling. There is somebody interested in the lease idea. I am happy for the owners that really need something to happen because they are closing on their new house this week, but for me it stinks because I will lose money on the deal. It costs money to list a house. I won't make hardly anything on it with the money I spent getting it on the market and marketing it. But whatever. I just hope it works out for the homeowners.

Then...I take my laptop computer to the office for the computer guy to set it up on the network there. I told him, that I had already got it up and running on the router and was able to get internet, and I could recieve emails but not send them. He went into this long story on why that is...and to tell you the truth...I DON"T CARE! I want to be able to send and recieve emails just like every other person in the office. I go pick up the computer and I see I have emails....by now the guy has come and gone...I reply to the emails and NOTHING! This time I don't the the immediate error message, it just sits in my outbox. Ok, fine. Didn't fix that. Figured once I got it home I could send the messages! OH NO!@!! No such freakin' luck. I now cannot send emails AT ALL on my laptop! THEN! We bought an all in one printer, scanner, fax, copier the other day....supposed to be awesome how I can sit in the living room and print. Nope, can't print, can't scan. It has to be plugged into the printer, but there's only one plug, and we need that for the desktop. People...it is just a networking nightmare. I have email messages on the laptop for work, then some on the desktop. Then they have attachments on them that I need to print out...oh but wait...have to somehow get it to the desktop so I can print, oh but wait again...can't do that either....because now I can't email. I would use the flash drive and transfer documents...oh but NO. The flash drive we have isn't compatible with Windows Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I want to be able to turn on all and any computer, be able to print, email, get online, scan and all of it without having to know how it works and why it works....I JUST WANT IT TO WORK!!! URRRGGGGGG!!!! Anybody know somebody who can set this crap up for me. 'Cause if it doesn't start working soon, this laptop, the printer and the desktop are all gonna get chunked into the wall!

Then I go to use the phone, and only one phone in our house works. What is up with that. Why only one phone is working. I had just faxed something, and it worked. Go to make a phone call and none of the freaking phones are working. I really, seriously can't take it anymore with this all. Yes, I am fortunate that I can have all this cool stuff. Problem is, I spent the money on all this crap and none of it freakin' works!

Ok...done venting. Otherwise....fine day. Hung out with Peyton all day. Bought her a little purse for giving up ther sucky blankies. Went and ate pizza together for lunch. And ran some errands. Otherwise she hung out in her cinderella dress the rest of the day. Her purse matches her dress by the way. It also doubles as a basket for Toto for when she decides she's "Dorothy" for the day. ha Very cute. She is certainly 3. Can't sit still, can't be quiet, can't listen.

Oh, and Auntie S. I love your comments. So funny. She made a good point on the dicipline thing. Bribery. and I have been using that more and more lately. In fact....Peyton's movies are constantly on the line. I took 5 away from her the other day when it took her over an hour to clean her room. Motivation more than anything. And if she does something good, then I give them back. But seems she is losing more than she is earning back. ha

Comments people. I know people are reading this, because I see the counter rising by the day...but why no comments. Anybody can comment. You don't have to have an account. Love to hear from ya!

Night peoples!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad bribery works! I think the prize may need to be BIGGER, more like Andi's Princess deal! Maybe some TV shows she loves or some treat? PLEASE don't tell her Auntie S said so, tho! As for the computer mess, I bought a program for my embroidery files at Staples & "bribed" the kid that waited on us to come to the house & paid him $50.00, I think! Wendy was there & sat w/him & took notes then instructed me. Try bribing your Dad to get it done! He may not know how but he WILL KNOW "WHO" CAN! Try fatooish (SP?) or babahanoosh (SP?)! LOL, LOL!!! Make lots & have them all come over! It may be HELL but DONE!!! Loved the pics of Peyton! She is so beautiful! keep the faith on Realtor job as a change is coming in the Market soon & you'll be rewarded!!!
Love, Auntie S