Family Fun

Friday, May 23, 2008

Ear piercing day!


Now...look closely and see who DID and who DID NOT get their earings pierced today!!! Yup!! Ashleigh did and Peyton did not!! How freakin' shocking is that! For those of you who don't know Ash very well...she is kind of "delicate", I guess would be a good way to put it. ha She will cry and cry if she scrapes her knee. This is a girl that fell down in the parking lot at school and hurt her knee, and had to be rocked by the teacher for over an hour, and finally the teacher had to call to come pick her up because she wouldn't calm down. She is not a fan of pain..let alone voluntary pain. But she did it! The story goes as such....2 weeks now.."Momma, I want to get shots in my ears so I can get earings." Been my "bribe" all week. "If you are a good girl I will take you to get shots in your ears." "Peyton, if you don't listen to Mommy you aren't going to be able to get earings." So on and so forth. We decide to take Ash just on the off chance she might want to do it. But the plan was to let Peyton go first because I figured she would handle it better than Ash. So did Andi. We get there and we pick out the earings they want. By the way...nearly $40 bucks to get the earrings in. Good God! Anyway...I say, "Peyton, come on. Let's get up in the chair." "No, Mommy I don't want earrings anymore." We put her up on my lap. She sat still for a minute, but started to freak out when the lady got out the hairclips to put her hair back. That is what triggered it. Go figure. She screamed and cried. Wouldn't do it. Ash said, "ok, I will go first." I wish you could see the look on my face when she said that. She hopped up on my lap and went at it. Now, there was only one girl there, so it wasn't going to get both ears done at the same time. But the lady said she is quick, and will be done in 2 seconds. So we went for it. Ash did it! Did she cry? Yes, of course. Had to kinda hold her hands down for the second one, but she did it. She cried only for a minute. No throw up either. ha She did awesome. Peyton....wasn't gonna happen. Still tried for 10 mintutes after to talk her into it, and she wasn't havin' none of it. Ash is now happy she did it. Won't let us touch them though. I am sure they are a little sore. But will be better tomorrow. Good job, Ash. I am not goin to push Peyton to do it. She will do it when she is ready.


Happy Birthday, Momma! We had a nice evening at dinner. Hope you had a good day.


Steve and I went to see "What Happens in Vegas". It was so good. So funny that Steve always complains about seeing movies I like all the time, but he ends up loving them too. He likes shoot em up, kill em, sci fi movies. Me....NOT AT ALL! Those kinds of movies put me in a funky mood. Happy, romantic comedies put me in a good mood. The things you watch, really do affect your mood. After the movie we went to Hobby Lobby to get my mom a gift, and he kissed me and rubbed my back in the store. I said, "see....those kinds of movies put you in a happy more romantic mood. If we went to see one of your movies you might want to stab me right now." ha

He agreed. Then next week, I am going with RC and her friend, Susan, and Andi to see the Sex in the City Movie. I never was really a huge watcher when it was on tv, but saw the previews tonight, and it looks good. And I have been watching the reruns as they come on now.


Ashleigh is spending the night tonight. Trade off for Andi watching Peyton this afternoon. I am letting them try sleeping in the same bed together. Tried that last time to no avail. This time...I will let them go a little longer. I put them to bed earlier this time though. And I know they are tired, so we'll see how it goes. I do hear some commotion in there now, so I better go get it under control.


Here are some pictures of Ash getting her ears done. Night and have a good weekend!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, you are a DOLL! Good job Ashleigh! Peyton, be like Auntie S & wait till you are 45 & have 2 shots first! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

ALLYSON, ALLYSON, sorry! Who took those cute photos? Must have been Peyton! So glad you'll see the "S I T C" movie! I watch reruns all the time; 2 shows a night! Love their clothes, hair, shoes! Enjoy! Love, Auntie S

Andi said...

I am soooo proud of my Baby Girl!! Thank you for taking her, she never would have done it with me taking her!