Family Fun

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A good turnaround

Ok. So this week has had an a pretty good turnaround so far. Got my laptop sending emails. Ok...STEVE got my laptop sending email. And he got the new printer to print. Now he just has to figure out how to get it to where I can scan. God Bless that boy! He is patient, smart and diligent (sp?) I'm thankful to have him.

I could really use that scan up and working about now because I got ANOTHER GOOD LOOKIN' CONTRACT ON MY WATAUGA LISTING! WOO-HOO! It may not have to lease afterall!!! Very glad about that.

Oh, Peyton, Peyton....the girl is 3. That's for sure. It took her 2 hours to go to sleep last night. She now feels like she needs the light on to go to sleep. So she keeps getting up and turning on the light, and grabbing books to read. She hops back into bed and reads books. Which is fine even though she can't read. But I guess she likes the pictures. I put her to bed at 10pm last night, and she didn't go to sleep until almost 12:30am. No nap today, so we told her she had to go in her bed and rest. She was up reading books when I went in there to check on her. Which is fine. I think the nap thing is just about over for her. But she needs to rest and I need the break. But then, I go in and and she has gotten the diaper rash cream and the tube of vasaline out and put it all over her furniture, her bed, her clothes, and her books. She Got out the box I keep in there of her special baby stuff and destroyed the box. Her hair from her first haircut was out of the bag and on the floor, she got vasaline all over one of steve's pics from when he was a kid, tore up the box steve's baptism candle was in, she just took it all out and scattered it all over her room. Needless to say, she is in big trouble. It was dinner, clean her rooms, bath and bed. I'm so dissapointed in how she is acting lately. But I know she's 3 and we are going to have to just ride through. Lookin like that pretty cinderella dress is going to be something that is going to be a rare wear for her. It was taken away yesterday. Earned back by leaving the light off last night and going to sleep. Then taken away again this evening.

I just want her to take care of her things, and be thankful for them. That will take some teaching I suppose.

Thanks for the comment Aunti S. Keep em comin'. Everybody else can comment too ya know. ;)

All is well, and hopefully with you all also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, first congrats on listing; you go girl! Now, it is starting, get ready! I remember Russ doing "reading" when he was little so thats a good thing! But... that room mess is wild! I'm sorry to say it but I'm LOL, LOL! Wendy did stuff like that WHENEVER she was unattended. They are busy "doing work" at that age so just re-do the treasure box & tuck it away in your room with a note of "Condition by Peyton". Who guessed it would happen? The payback is telling about it when her first date comes to pick her up! Yes, Steve, they will come!
Another GREAT tale of "Life at York Castle"! I'm addicted to you & Andi's blogs!!! Thanks, w/love, Auntie S