Family Fun

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A little nappie-poo

Well, not really a nappie-poo. Peyton was in my bed with me, so it was an in and out rest. She came in crying that her movie was over that I put in for her. I put on a cartoon and told her to lay down with me. That child CANNOT sit still! I mean...seriously...not even for one minute. Covers on. Covers off. Leg up. Leg down. Arm around me. Arm hitting me. Hand on my face. Hand pulling my hair. wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Goodness. So yes, while I was able to have a little downtime today, it wasn't pure sleep.

So after"rest time" it was time to straighten the house. this is like 4:30. Told Peyton to go clean her room. At 7:30 tonight she had not done it. She just goes in there and plays. To put it like this, I know if I need a break from her talking and just her general 3 year old antics, I tell her to go clean her room, because I know I won't see her again for another half an hour when the room isn't done, then I send her back. etc..that can go on for hours. So we tried yelling at her...NEVER works. So we all brought it down a notch. I sat her down and told her that we need to take care of our things and I need her to go pick up her things like a big girl. And if she does she can have a popsicle after dinner. Positive reinforcement after that got a little of the room cleaned. Still at 7pm the room wasn't clean. I showed her the 2 popsicles I had in the freezer, and since she hadn't listened to me, one was going in the trash. So I did. She freaked out. Time out she goes. So nicely I asked told her she has 10 minutes to finish the room, or the red popsicle was going in the trash. She went and did a little but obviously got distracted. I of course gave her more like 20 minutes, but it didn't matter. I told her the popsicle was going in the trash. I walked in there and I did just that. She REALLY freaked out. So I sent her to time out. She kept coming out, I kept putting her back in. I had to spank her. She was really mad I threw that away. So I got her out of time out and all she could say is she wanted her popsicle. I tried to reason with her and she was just throwing herself on the floor screaming she wanted her popsicle. Steve had had enough. He yelled VERY loud and hit the counter and said, "go clean your room" She went running. And you know what...it worked. She cried the whole time she did it, but it got clean. She came out and I told her what a great job she did and ALL she wanted was a popsicle. I tried very hard not to give in to her. I stuck to my guns and told her that she did not listen to Mommy when I told her to go clean her room. It took 4 hours for her to clean it. And it hurt Mommie's feeling that she didn't listen to me. So no popsicle. She went to bed crying that she wanted that popsicle.

While I am mean and threw away the 2 popsicles, she knows, as she mentioned to me, that there are a whole bunch in the outside freezer. LOL The girl ain't no dumby. God love her!

Floor duty today. Got nothing off of that. Picked up Peyton. Worked a bit. Took a "nap" (if you can call it that). Worked on relisting my mom's house for lease and for sale. Come on people! Come buy this house!! Surely somebody out there knows somebody that would like this house. 121 Sunnyvale. , Hurst. 76053..look it up on Realtor. com. Buy it! If it leases...Me make-a no money! (said in spanish accent). Actually, think I would lose money. Let's go people! ;)

Did get one piece of good news today. The client I put an offer in for on a Short Sale...the other offer they had dropped out, and we are the only offer. She said she is only going to accept back up offers from here on..which means the bank should approve our offer any day now. We came in above list price, so it should get approved no problem. Mo' money. Not much...because commission is less on short sales. Which is stupid..should be more with how much time the whole process takes.

I also have a short sale listing in my neighborhood that I have listed. Roseman ct. at $130k. Good deal. Right at 2000 sq. ft. Look it up on Realtor.com or call me if you know anybody interested. That's a $10k price reduction!

There are deals out there ya'll. If you are thinking about buying, really...now is the time. Foreclosures, short sales...a lot of inventory which means competative prices. Good time to buy.

Ok...there ya go. Night.

2 comments:

Andi said...

My little PeyPey is relentless when it comes to her popsicles! Poor girl, just wanted a popsicle. I feel bad for her, but good for you for sticking to your guns!

Rae Carol said...

God Ally, you and Steve are so mean!!