Family Fun

Monday, July 14, 2008

Long time no see...

Oh my! I'm sorry bloggers. I haven't blogged in like 3 days. Not like me at all. So let's catch up, shall we...

Saturday...didn't do a thing all day. Finally got dressed at like 4pm. We went to dinner with some friends to a place called Nagoya. I call it a chop sewey place. But it's one of those hibachi grill places that cook your food in front of you. K...I'm not a huge chineese food fan. Never have been. I do enjoy fried rice. I like chicken. And I now like steak. Didn't used too. Being pregnant changed that in me. I craved it when I was prego. So, we tried some sushi. California rolls to be exact. We tried them last time we went to one of those places. And I actually enjoyed it. So we did Sushi. Then fried rice, chicken and fillet minion. It was good. We took Peyton with us, and that was a waste of $10. She ate like one bite of rice and wouldn't touch her chicken. Lesson learned there. Don't take the kid. ha Nice dinner. Expensive, but tasty. I finally have grown up when it comes to food. I eat steak, grilled fish and sushi. Big changes for me. Those all used to be no-no's for me. Steve was thrilled to go eat chineese food. So he owes me some pizza. ha Although, I was probably due to go with him more than him me. Then after that we went back to their house and took a dip in the pool. Peyton was sad because our friends kids weren't there. I thought they were and told her that. So that dissapointed her more. They were at their mother's for the weekend. So we all swam. It was dark and Peyton couldn't see where she was going like usual, so she didnt' do quite so well. It was a little chily in the water, so that didn't last long. Then put a movie in for Peyton and we played some poker. Peyton fell asleep there, and we had to carry her out. I always feel bad staying out late with her, but I also do remember our parents having to carry us home too. So, hey...still gotta have some fun even when you have kids.

Sunday...again...did nothing. Got dressed at like 4pm. Peyton started Vacation Bible School Sunday night. They go to the Methodist Church where she has her mother's day out program during the school year, so she was familiar with her surroundings. Ash goes too and so does Sydney. It goes from 6pm to 8:30. Steve and I are actually kind of enjoying some free time in the evening. We went grocery shopping last night..which is a treat with no child running around. Had time to shop, get it all home and put away and then time to go get her. So this goes on until Thurs. She is enjoying it. No crying when I left her both times. Ash on the other hand, cried yesterday. Today, I walked her in and she didn't cry.

Today, Peyton and I hung out at home. I got caught up on some work that I had been putting off all weekend. I cleaned all the freakin', never ending dog hair on the floors...again! And then just generally cleaned a little. I just turned on the radio today and no TV all day. It was nice. That TV had been on all weekend, so the peace was nice. Allthough, I must admit, we bought a new Dora the Explorer movie for Peyton so she was watching that on and off today,which is the reason I was able to get some work done. New movies are wonderful for us. She will be happy watching it for like 2 days, which gives us peace and quiet for a good stretch at a time. Dropped Peyton at her Bible school and we headed to dinner with friends again. Half price night! Gotta love it. ha

I talked to aunt sharon on Skype tonight. She is a hoot. I hadn't used the Skype in a very long time. I actually am hardly ever on that computer (the desktop), so I just happened to be in there and checked to see who was on Skype. Auntie S was, so I gave her a ring. We got caught up on how everybody is doing. She knows all about our daily lives since she is a devoted York Blog reader. But it was nice to hear how she and all her family are doing. Nice to talk to you, Auntie S. Does Wendy read the blog, auntie S? I need to try to catch Wendy on skype soon. So anyway, that was nice to talk to her.

Otherwise folks. Boring life these days. I am trying to download some pictures. They are older pics of Peyton, but the cutest ever. I will try again. Nope...won't download pics tonight. I will try again tomorrow.

Hope we are all caught up. More tomorrow. Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally - sooo glad to read your blogs again - really missed them - even look forward to them. You surely get hooked on them.

Looking forward to having Peyton with me for a little while today - PawPaw will be dissapointed because he won't get to see her.

Jim had a flat yesterday afternoon - it was the stem leaking - so he took my Thunderbird today - the tire shop was already closed yesterday, so he will take it down this afternoon - saw on the news that one person had been killed in Florida because of faulty tire stems. So we were probably lucky it didn't happen until he got home.

Other than that, not much going on. Will see you today - keep those blogs coming.

Love - Nana

Anonymous said...

NIce weekend! Not dressing till 4pm is a sign of real rest! We carried kids asleep too! It's a right of passage! Will check w/Wendy about blog reading & let you knowq. Love, Auntie S