Family Fun

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gotta Love Texas

Ok...yes...hot again! You know it's gotten bad when there is a dangerous hurricane approching the shores of Texas, and I'm sure will do some major damage, but all I can think about is, "gee I hope some of that rain makes it up here to Fort Worth." Terrible, I know. Enough of that...it's hot..not much more I can say.

Today....real estate meeting. Tour of our new listings. Damage control was the major theme of the day. Things weren't getting done on for my closing on Tues. Missing insurance info, missing Surveys, missing termite inspections, do we have to have the home reinspected, got to get the receipts for the termite treatment and the shrub removals....Uggh. The listing agent on this house SUCKS! She is like 95 years old, losing her memory obviously, and needs to just go ahead and retire. She used to work at my office years ago, and got fired from there. Pretty hard to get fired as a real estate agent. She is unethical and I found out she has been sued many times. Now I see why. If I need something, I have to ask 5 times. I hate calling her. She really is nutty and losing her mind. Even the mortgage broker that is doing the loan knows. This realtor has used this particular mortgage broker for 18 years, and even he says she is losing her mind. ha But hey...I am a week away from a payday and I am delighted. We are closer to an approval on the other contract I put in for a client like a month ago now. Because of how long it has taken the other offer that somebody put in on the house is looking like they are dropping out of contention. I hope so. We are the only other one, and the listing agent said they would only take back up offers from there on. I hope so. I would like to get that one done and get paid too. Won't be a great paycheck because it is only $112k, and the commission is smaller than usual because it is a short sale. But hey...it's cash. I'll take it.

RC is working as a travel agent as a second job. I think that's great. She loves that kind of stuff. She is always on the hunt for cheap travel even if none of us, including her, can afford the cheap travel. But she looks anyway...a hobby I guess. ha So if any of you need an agent to plan a vacation, please call Rae Carol.

So Mom went to the orthopedist today. Looks like she is going to have to use a walker for a while to try to see if her hip will heal. She also has terrible arthritis in her hip. Not sure what they are going to end up doing, but that's the story for the next month or so. She has cataracs (sp?) Going to wait to have them removed. She will see the oncologist on the 6th for the suspicious fluid around her kidney transplant site. Lordy. Prayers please.

I missed Peyton to pieces. I was thrilled to pick her up, walked in the room anxiously awaiting a big hug and some excitement to see her dear -ol- mom....NAH. She looked at me and turned the other direction and burried her head in the chair. And she says, 'I don't want to go home, Momma..I want to stay at Nana's house." awwww...I really wasn't too hurt. I acted like it and she came and gave me a big hug and said she missed me too. Steve took some sweet pics of she and I tonight. I would love to share them with you. Oh wait...I can't....my laptop is shot. I will have to wait. I don't want to put too much stuff on the desktop because it just means more I have to transfer when it is finally fixed. Hopefully tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Auntie S saw Mama Mia...RC did you? How was it? Any good or was it cheezie. It looks like it could be on the borderline of cheezy. Let me know what y'all thought.

Tomorrow...Peyton to the eye dr. I have to pick up all the girls to take with me to Hurst (I am so abused), so my dad can pick up syd and ash before Peyton's appointment there in teh parking lot. Then after Peyton's appointment I will drop her off at Dad's. Rush to work. And supposed to have the computer guy meet me at work to fix mylaptop. We'll see how that all works out. A busy day, I have to get up early...and here I sit at almost midnight! I am such a glutton for punishment! GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Momma Mia was GREAT but I am MUCH older than you all so I teared up thru the whole thing! FAB pic of you w/Peyton!!! 2 Beauties! Praying for Mom Jill! Praying for your sales to be quick! Love, Auntie S