Family Fun

Monday, July 21, 2008

The heat has to stop!

People! It's hot! It's so freakin' hot! It was 102 today. The 5 day forecast has more 0's on it than I can count. We are in the Texas dog days of summer, as they like to call them. These next 30 days or so is the one thing I HATE about Texas. It makes you want to live your life naked no matter how fat you are. It makes you cranky and gives you high blood pressure when you see your electric bill! Let's talk about that shall we. Yes, got mine today!!!! $436 f(*^&&ing dollars!WTF! Are you kidding me! Brian..get over here and check my AC! I have NEVER had an electric bill that high...EVER! It's not like we are freezing our butts off in the house. We keep it at 77 during the day and at 75 at night. Yes, it's been hot...but come on! We have been trying so hard staying on a budget..paying with cash, reducing our driving, reducing our grocery budget..etc. Then it's all shot to pay an electric bill that's more than my freakin' car payment!

I was in such shock from driving up to my mailbox...I crashed my Tahoe into the front of my house! LOL I am not kidding people. I drove up to the mailbox..opened the electric bill...nearly had a heart attack. I had a car full of groceries, so I always back in for ease of unloading. Steve's truck was in the driveway, which always throws me off when backing in...I overcompensated and smacked into the brick by the garage. Damn electric bill threw me all off. If I seem to be cussing more tonight..yes, you are correct. Get an over $400 electric bill, smash your car into the house and see how much you cuss! LOL

So really...other than those 2 items and sweating our asses off, it was a pretty good day. I did some work in the morning, got Peyton bathed, me showered and out the door to eat our occassional Monday Cici's pizza..cause Peyton is my pizza buddy. Then to get my car washed, which was in desperate need. (if I had known I was going to smash it up later in the day, I probably would have passed on the car wash...ha) Then we came home because it was too hot out. Did more work, Peyton rested. We decided to go to the grocery store to pick up a few out of stock items. Then you know what happened next. We invited Nana over for dinner because Jim is out of town until Wednesday. Nobody ever comes to our house, and we actually had several visitors this weekend and this week thus far. I'm impressed. I made another new recipe, so Steve, Peyton and Nana were my taste testers. It turned out good. It was a chicken meal. Grean beans and chedder biscuts. Good stuff. Nana took Peyton home with her to spend the night and keep her company. I was going to have to take her over at 8:30 in the morning anyway, so just seemed logical. I don't think LaVerle minded. She always says yes, and sometimes I wonder if she really is thinking, "oh my god...again!" Nana...please always tell me if you don't want to watch her. I would TOTALLY understand.

So it's been a pretty peaceful evening. No peyton, steve went to bed at 9pm because he didn't sleep last night hardly at all. I have no laptop, so here I am on my slow ass desktop. I think I am addicted to the laptop. I sat there last night fiddeling my thumbs, rubbing my face and hair...I didn't know what to do with my hands. I am used to having the laptop on my lap when Peyton goes to bed at night! I kept thinking of things I needed to look up and do, and I would have had to get up and come do it on this slow computer which would take me twice the time...so I said screw it and just did it all this morning. ha Now, is that spoiled and lazy or what. ha Still haven't heard from the technition as to when he is going to show his pretty face and fix my piece of crap Dell computer. I am sure he will show up with refurbished parts again. I told them on the phone to not even think about it. We will see.

Ok...sorry for all the cussing. I will be out of the pissyness by tomorrow, promise. I miss my daughter. Isn't it funny. You wish for them to go play alone all day so they will leave you alone and have some peace, but then when you do get rid of them you miss them. And knowing that I won't see her again until like 5:30 tomorrow hurts my heart. Have I mentioned that it sucks to work and be a mom at the same time. The guilt! It stinks!
Ya'll have a great Tues. I will have a busy one. More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rae Carol said...

Oh Ally!! You smashed your car? That is something only I would do!! Yeah..I feel your pain on the electric bill. Mine was 395.00. I nearly choked to death when I saw that!!! It is going to be a LONG, HOT summer. I might run away!!

Anonymous said...

I am rolling on the floor LOL! You NEED to be published! Just go to the Movies like I did today, @$6.50 X 2 for tickets but the popcorn & soda (both medium)was $20.00!!! Saw Momma Mia, Amber & I loved it! Love, Auntie S