Family Fun

Friday, August 1, 2008

104 degees

People! It's hot! 104 today, and it's going to be ucky hot for the next week at least. Uggh. Aug. in Texas...Weather man just said this weekend is going to be 106 tomorrow and 107 on Sunday! Good Lord. It will be ALL indoor activities this weekend. gotta love it.

My Aunt Vicky died today. She was, I believe,either 100 or 101 year old. Remarkable woman. She lived quite the life. She is the last of the "sisters" that was still living. The sisters I mean are my grandmother and her 4 sisters. There were 5 of them, and they were all nutts. In a good way of course. No matter how much they fought, they loved each other and would do anything for each other. Now they are all together again..probably arguing about what took Aunt Vicky so long to get there. ha God bless Aunt Vicky. God bless all the "sisters"!

Peyton went to Pop Pop's today with Ashleigh. They said they had a good time. They got to go swimming and play with all the other kids Anna watches. I worked at AAdvanced. Came homefor 10 minutes, Steve and I had to go to the dry cleaners and then off to Andi's to pick up Peyton. The Linders and us decided to go to Moni's. A local Italian joint here. Good eatin'. Yes...I invite the Harris' and they couldn't go because they were working up at the school for the band.

On the way home we drove by Brittany's high school, and Peyton said, "That's Brittany's school". That's right, it was. I told her, "Guess what, we get to watch the band again soon." She was very excited. She showed me how Brittany does her arms and did her feet like how they march. I asked her if she wanted to be in the band, and she said, "I can't..I'm not big enough." haha I said "When you get big do you want to be in the band?" She hesitated. So I said "do you want to be in the band or a cheerleader when you get bigger" She said, "OHHHH YESSS...a cheerleader!!! I want to be a cheerleader in the band."LOL I am going to look into the little leage cheerleading for her because she has always been interested in it, but poor girl...she certainly has not been blessed with the cheerleader type genes. None of us are flexible, and none of us can barely do a cartwheel. Maybe she will break the mold. ha

Tomorrow...Steve has to work. I have a showing at 11 and then lunch with my mom and sister. The lady I am showing have gotten to know each other pretty well....being she calls me at least 3 times a week to check on her sons contract. She wants to go look at the house her son is getting again so she can see what all he is going to need. So I am taking Peyton with me. I know...unprofessional. But really...I don't think I can do any wrong in this ladies eye. haha She loves me because I put up with her and all her questions, and don't tell her son that she calls me all the time. ha Nah..I asked her outright...I said I could do it tomorrow, but I would have to bring my daughter. She had no problem with it, in fact she said she looks forward to meeting her. She is very nice. I don't mind her and her phone calls. She is just a worried mother, even though her son is my age. ha

That's about it. I haven't taken any pictures lately. I need to though.
Ya'll have a GREAT weekend.

3 comments:

Andi said...

PeyPey should definitely be a cheerleader in the band! Or maybe a cheerleader FOR the band!! That's a GREAT idea! Band season already...geesh!! See ya tomorrow, sis!!

Anonymous said...

OK, if Peyton wants cheerleading & West's are not cartwheelers lets find someone to teach her now & she'll be GREAT when its time! Wests can do it ALL! Even sell houses & plan vacations & clean the earth! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING if you plan & ask! Peyton can be ALL! Wow, I'm out of control but I really believe we create our destiny so start early! Kids learn stuff so fast when they are young! Foreign laungages, bike riding, swimming, etc!!!
Wendy had every lesson known to man;piano,tap, ballet, acrobatics, horse riding, horse jumping, skiing, French?.....and look at her....she works in Fashion in NY?!? Hey, how did that happen? I guess it shows that she thinks she can do whatever she wants & THATS THE SECRET! GO PEYTON! go mom!
Love, Auntie S

Rae Carol said...

Cheer for the band!! That is what the band needs. She can do color gaurd, that will be perfect for her..dancing, spinning, throwing,jumping, oh yes, I can see it now!! You go Peyton!!