Family Fun

Sunday, July 27, 2008

a good weekend

We had a nice weekend. Saturday was floor duty for a couple of hours while also preparing for our night out. I managed to pull off the surprise. I had him drop off Peyton at Nana Papa's house. He asked if we were sleeping away from home and I lied and said no at that point. So while he did that I packed our bags. Then I kind of had to give up the fact that we were spending the night away from home when I told him we were taking the dogs to my Dad's house. But still didn't' give where we were going. Drove to Bedford and dropped off the dogs. On the way to Grapevine I told him where we were staying. He was excited because it was a penthouse suite. It was a nice hotel and a nice room. It had two bathrooms, a bedroom, a living and a dining type area. Then a bar area with a microwave, sink and fridge. And a nice, private balcony. Very nice. And it wasn't much more than a regular room. So we got checked in, finally...they didn't have our room ready yet even though it was like 4:30. So we had to hang out. Once we got our room, we settled in and checked it out. Enough time to freshen up and go to dinner. I told him we were going to the melting pot. He was excited about that too, because we had been wanting to try it. It was good. However, it is expensive. We spent $100 on dinner!!!!! Goodness. Do I think it was worth $100..no, not really. But it was good and romantic and something different overall. Next time I go, it will be just for dessert. YUMMY! Then we walked around Southlake Square for a bit and then headed back. We had a nice time. They had a full cook to order breakfast this morning so that was yummy too.

Picked up our dogs, and Murray's hair was practically gone. LOL My OCD Dad spent 2 full hours brushing out and bathing my Golden Retriever. I hoop him every day. He has sooo much hair. He does look a lot better. I didn't know you were supposed to hoop them against the grain, and I don't really have the time or the patience to spend 2 hours doing it. But we much appreciate Dad taking the time to do it for us...for him. He looks lovely AND it saved me a trip to the Groomer...who by the way...doesn't even get THAT much hair off of him. ha Good job Pops. I'll bring him back in 2 weeks for a follow up grooming. hehe

Peyton seemed to have a great time, as usual, at Nana, Papa's house. Ate a lot, swam, and was apparently clingy on Papa this time. They spoil her rotten! lol That's what grandparents are for though, huh. that's ok. I whip her back in shape when she comes home. hehe

When we got home, I showered and sat on the chair with my laptop, did some work stuff, checked emails and fell asleep in the chair with the laptop on my lap. Gee...ya think I was tired or what. ha I don't advise falling asleep with the laptop on your lap. My legs fell asleep!!! When I finally woke up I had to have Steve come get it off of my lap because I couldn't get up. ha

Peyton, I have to say, is a little love bug. She is very affectionate and loving. That is, when she is finally pooped out from running like a wild woman. She is full of hugs and kisses and "I love you Mommy". She's a sweetie pie. It was only one night away from her, but I missed her to pieces. I was so happy to see that sweet face. Kisses to you Peyton! And a good night to all of you!

No comments: