Family Fun

Saturday, August 16, 2008

More "staycation" stuff


So Peyton is diving for diving sticks in the pool now! Unbelievable this kid. Seriously. She is a fish. She swims and swims. But I tell ya, it does wear her butt out. Ash went swimming too. She is so funny. Ash is a little behind in her swimming skills. Poor girl. She has been plagued with ear issues since like age 2. She had tubes put in her ears...she has always been very sensative about them. Doesn't like things too loud, doesn't like water in them. Then last year she busted her ear drum in the pool on July 4th and it has just now repaired itself. Her hearing is good though, that's the great news. So swimming was the least of her concerns. Even baths most kids will cover their eyes...she covers her ears. But she has made some good progress this summer. Next year, I am sure swimming lessons will be in order.


So after we did Fossil Rim on Wednesday. Thursday we decided to just go swimming at Nana's house. It's close. So swimming we did. After that we came home and rested a bit and showered. We then went to Black Eyed Pea for dinner. Peyton LOVES their meatloaf and apple sauce. She ate it quickly and immediately said her belly was full. Ok..pushed the plate away and she was done. Then started pushing in on her stomach with her hand and saying her belly hurt. So I took her to the bathroom. I figured she might need to poop or something. She sat there and sat there. She couldn't poop.She was doubled over crying that her tummy hurt. What do you do for the poor girl. So I told her to get up and walk around the bathroom a little and maybe that would help her need to poop. I don't know. So we washed her hands, she's crying and I was just trying to help her as best I could. Then she said she needed to throw up. So over to the potty...and sure enough she did. Weird. Then she said her tummy was all better. Cleaned her up and left. We were supposed to go to Putt Putt after dinner. We were in the parking lot of the restuarant wondering if we should go, "Peyton, do you feel ok? Peyton, does your tummy still hurt? Peyton do you feel like you want to go to Putt Putt or go home?" She kept saying she was fine and wanted to go to Putt Putt. Ok. So we thought we would try it. We get there, we are in the parking lot. Get the girls out of the car. And keep asking peyton.."are you sure you feel ok?" She said yes. But then a minute later, she said.."Mommy, I don't feel good and want to go home." So we had to tell the girls to get back in the car. Ashleigh was confused. She didn't understand why we had to go home. She was crying and upset. Poor girl. I tried to explain it to her that Peyton got sick and we will come back, I promise. And next time maybe Sydney and everybody else can come too.


Ash and Peyton got back in the car. Both very quiet. I ask Ash if she is ok, and she just answered, "yes" very shortly. Peyton was asleep by the time we got on the freeway. How weird is that! She didn't feel warm at all, but by the way she was acting in the car and the throwing up I thought for sure she was coming down with something. Got Ashleigh home and when Andi came out she cried again that she was mad at Peyton because they couldn't go to Putt Putt. Awww...poor girl. Andi explained it to her a little better than I, I guess, and she understood.


So after we got home, Peyton seemed fine. She layed down on the couch for a little bit, we put her to bed with a bowl specified for throw up. Ha She never did it again, and she was perfectly fine the next day. I guess she ate too fast? She really didn't eat any more than usual, so I don't think it was that. Or maybe it didn't agree with her. I don't know. But thank God that was the end of that!


So tonight...we were Putt Putt bound. This time Syd did get to come, with Auntie Rae, Uncle Kevin and ASHLEIGH! YEAH! We had a good time. Here are some pictures. When we got there we waited in the car for a bit for the Harris's and when we got out, Peyton said, "we are at Putt Putt", and I said, "yes, I told you we would come back." and she said, "so we get to go inside too!" Well Yes! hahaha Cause we only made it to the parking lot last time, and then we sat in the parking lot this time for about 5 minutes, so she probably thought that was the extent of the putt putt fun. hehe


Otherwise...yesterday we didn't do much. We were going to to go to the museum in Fort Worth, and I ended up being off of work. So we went to go there, even though I don't like going to museums. Then Peyton chimed in and said, "Daddy, I don't want to goto the museum" Not once, but several times! It was so funny. Steve said, "you girls..no culture..I swear." We need to have a little boy that steve can culturfy! hehe So we didn't go. Plus it was all under construction and didn't even know if it was open. We went and got Peyton's glasses prescription changed, came home and then went out to dinner with our friends. We ended up going out to their house. Steve and Brian played poker while the girls went out to do a little tax free shopping.


Then today we slept in since we got home late. I went out and did some more tax free shopping. I had a coupon so I went and got me some clothes. Went to the dollar store, Kid to Kid and picked up some cute, but pricy bows for Peyton and a couple for Addy. And to Catherine's. Got me some PJ's! Actually...I got 3 pair of pj's today. You have heard me complain about my pj's before. So I got some good deals and got some new ones! hehe Steve is probably happy not to see me walk around ripped up, 10 year old pj's.


That's it. Here are some pics from the past couple of days!

Ash posing as he savy golfer


Nana and the girls

Flyin' high! "Look Dad..no hands"

Peyton and Ashleigh..lovin' the rides.

Syd at the helm of the spinning cups. I'm surprised

we didn't have anymore throw up.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for taking Ash with you guys,she had A LOT of fun! I'm glad nobody got sick! ha! I love the video of Pey diving for sticks, that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Peyton can do some diving! She may be in the Olympics! So sorry she was sick but what a good girl; not on anyones' shoe or anything? Sweet Ashleigh, too! She'll need ear plugs & she'll get it in her own time. Loved the chat, the pics & just hearing about your life! Thanks! Love, Auntie S