Family Fun

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fossil Rim day

Right out of Nana's hand
Peyton was none to happy about that deer?
coming into the car.

Ash was funny..she liked looking at the animals
just not too close.
"Hey..got anything in there for me?"
Peyton and Ash overlooking the pretty views

So we had a good time today. We left at about 10:45 and didn't get home until about 5:30. It was a long day, but a lot of fun. We saw a lot of deer, and does, elk, buck..and a lot of animals that looked like deer and buck, but were named something else. There were giraffs, zebra, cheetah, turkeys, rhino, buffalo..etc. A lot of them will stand by the road and wait for you to throw food to them. And there were a lot that would come right up to the car and want you to hand feed it to them. You buy a bag of feed that you feed the animals. They all seem to really enjoy that food. I wonder how much food they get a day. ha I think my favorite were the giraff and zebra. They said not to hand feed the zebra because they may bite. They didn't bite me. They stuck their head in the car so I gave it a shot, and they were very gentle. One of them just stood in the road and wouldn't move. They told us not to honk the horn. So we sat there and waited..and waited..moving the car up more and more, but he wouldn't budge. So I had to back up and go around him. Here he is in all his glory. ha



Yup. Just stood there. I wonder how long it took for him to finally move. ha


I had giraff slober on my door inside...one of the white buck lookin' animals got mad at younger white buck lookin' animal for coming close to us giving him food, so he jumped a little bit and smacked himself up against our car. No damage. ( I think)


The girls did good. Peyton couldn't really enjoy it from her booster seat, so she sat on Nana's lap in the front. Our windows in the backseat only roll down half way, so me and Ash hung out back there at first. She didn't want to get too close to the animals and didn't want them to be able to get too close to her. Peyton really didn't like when they stuck their heads in the car. And neither girl would let the animals eat out of their hands. They would both throw it out though. We just let Ash move around the whole backseat from one side to the other, and I sat in the middle. So sometimes she sat between my legs in the middle of the back seat so she could see all that was ahead of us. I think she liked that freedom. She sure took full advantage of it. ha


Peyton was fine on Nana's lap. I'm not so sure about Nana though. ha Peyton got freaked out a little at one animal that stuck his head in the car that she was digging her heals into nana's legs trying to get away from it. She'll probably be bruised tomorrow. Steve drove the first half and I drove the 2nd. It took us like 4 hours to get through the whole thing, including stopping at the half way point to eat some lunch. It is about an hour and 15 min. drive there and the same coming home. So a lot of car riding, and a lot of 2 chatty girls in each ear. Needless to say I had a headache pretty early on. Nana remembered the Alieve though.


It was nice to take the whole day off. I have email on my phone, so I answered a few emails, but that's about it. Mom has been trying to fax over her signed lease all day..she kept messing up which pages I needed her to send that didn't send the first time. Oh, momma...You are funny. Next time we agreed to meet half way and get the paperwork to each other! She was frustrated and I was wondering what the heck was going on. ha All good. Hopefully we have it all now.


Tomorrow..we were going to take Syd, Ash, Peyton to Burgers lake with RC, but RC bailed on me. She mentioned on her blog that I didn't take Sydney to Fossil Rim today. But if any of you have seen the 3 nieces in the backseat together, you wouldn't either. Let alone for the 6 or so hours we were in the car today. Andi keeps Peyton for me on Fridays, so I thought I would take Ash and get her out of her hair for the day. So anyway...whatever. Peyton gets left out too. I can't take all of them all of the time..and I know Andi and RC agree, its a lot to have all 3 of them at once for any extended period of time.


So tomorrow..I am not sure what we are going to do. We talked about Putt Putt, but it sure is going to be hot. We thought about a movie..but we can't agree on one, I thought about Turner Falls, but that's another long drive I don't want to do 2 days in a row. So we will figure something out. Something cheap. Today was kind of expensive, so we need to lay low the rest of the week.


Here are some more pics. More tomorrow.
Fun day!

I liked the giraffs
Watch the finger buster
Those are some tall suckers
"Gimme..gimme"

2 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for taking Ash, she really enjoys spending time with you guys, as you know, since she never wants to come home! :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL PICS! You are having too much fun! Missed reading your blog; glad to be home but it was fun; nice! Love, Auntie S