Family Fun

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rainy Monday

Rain in August! YES! That means fall like tempatures. Lovin it. I am usually not a fan of the rain or cloudy days, but in the summer I pray for rain even just a cloud sometimes. It's supposed to be several days of this.

I didn't get to spend very much time with Peyton today for the first time in a while. ;( She went to Nana's house all day. I had floor duty from 9-1 and worked at AAdvanced from 2-5. She said she had a good time though, even though she couldn't swim. She painted and did a lot of dancing according to her.

So we are going to enroll Peyton in soccer for the fall season. The YMCA has soccer for 3 year olds. She watches a Dora The Explorer movie where they play soccer, and she said she wanted to do it. It will be good to get her some excerise. As much food as this kid can pack away, her only prayer for not being obese is the excerise. Then we are going to do the cheerleader lessons from Jessica. I think we are still on for that. I haven't heard lately. Let me know, Jess, what is good for you. We got her lenses in her glasses replaced last week, and I must say, I am a bit shocked at how much more "coke bottle" they are. The were pretty thick before, but I am thinking almost 2x's as thick this time. They told me it was a stronger prescription, but geez. I won't be taking her back to this eye place that did the glasses. They aren't very kid friendly and just not friendly period. I asked them to refit her glasses, and they said they already did it when they did the lenses. But if the kid isn't there for them to fit the glasses to her head, how can they fit them. Instead, they bent them in the middle and now they look goggle-like. uggh. Now I have to take them back to Eye Masters to get them refitted. That's where we got them the first time and they did a great job.

Dad is in Atlantic City. He is such a bragger. I happed to call right when he was pulling up to Mento's for ice cream. Oh man...good stuff. Italian water ice, chocolate soft serve w/ chocolate jimmies..(that's what they call "sprinkles" in the North)..ha So he's there for the week. I'm jealous. I wanted to go really bad. The cash flow won't allow. They got to see uncle Richard and Aunt Sharon though. So I'm glad about that. Plus Uncle Ron and that side of the family. It would have been nice to see Tammy, Joe and Marrissa.

Enjoy the pics. More from our week "staycation".

3 comments:

Andi said...

Soccer, huh? Are you sure you want to do that? All those years on the soccer field watching Brittany didn't burn you out? Okay, I'll go with it and be happy for Pey. Awww, I love watching my baby "swim", my little backstroker.

JESSICA said...

Sorry you didn't get to spend time with Peyton today because of my new schedule. I'll take blame for that! :(
Yes, of course we are still on for cheerleading lessons! Just not on Tuesday evenings or Saturday mornings...which you couldn't handle a Saturday morning anyway. LOL. Let me know what day of the week works best for ya!
It's funny to hear you say "jimmies" because my Dad was raised in Pennsylvania, and we heard about jimmies and all sorts of Northern stuff ALL of the time!
I hope Peyton gets to feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Love the movie of Ashleigh swimming! You are a great Aunt! Glad Peyton is taking soccor! I remember Wendy took EVERYTHING! But it makes them well socialized & learn sportsmanship! It was GREAT to see your Dad but would have been better to have you too! Marissa is a cutie-pie & has lots of personality & ATTENTION from everyone! It was a very nice visit with a pretty room w/nice bed, linens & pillows! Sad to be at two cemetaries on 3 days but all in all, necessary & done.
Love, Auntie S