Family Fun

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

not the best of days..

So I planned on not working today and spending it with Peyton. Well, most of the day I got to spend with Peyton. But work is inevidable (sp?) I was asked to go show our commercial listing in Bedford at 10am. It's a $250k listing, so yes..I HAVE to do it. Since it was just down the road from my Mother, and she has been wanting to spend some time with Peyton, I took her over there for an hour or so while I "showed." I put "Show" in quotation marks because I couldn't actually show it. I get up early...get to my Mom's...go to show the listing...can't get in. Showing service says its on a combo lock...had the combo. It's my team's listing. We always use combo boxes....never thought a thing about it. No...it's on a Supra box. Which to those who don't habla (as andi says), is a lockbox that requires an electronic key that communicates with the box and releases the key to the property. Well....because I was told it is on a combo lock, I didn't bring my supra Key. I called everybody I know of this side of town to see if they could rescue me. Nobody answered the phone. Our Colleyville office was in a meeting and nobody would answer their phone. I called a friend that is a real estate agent, and no answer. I was screwed. It was 3 men that wanted to convert the property into a small church. They were very nice about it. They were very nice. They were walking around the property and said they really have enough to talk about. And felt like it would work for them. We will be making another appointment this week. Embarassing, frustrating and not how I wanted to start my day. Not totally my fault...but lesson learned....always bring the supra key even if it says it's on a combo lock. uggh
So, hopefully I can turn that experience into a positive by selling it.

Then my Mother's house is driving me crazy! All kind of kinks in the relisting of her rental property. We relisted for sale and listed it for lease as well. The showing service didn't have all the accurate information. There was a phone number transposed on the instructions to contact the tenant for showings, and nobody could get a hold of him. Me neither. I even stopped by there today,and nobody was home. So I got it all worked out. Good news is looks like I hav a taker on the lease. Bad news is...I think I have a taker on the house. I am glad that we are going to get somebody in there to keep paying my mother's mortgage payment, I am just not happy that it is leasing vs selling it. But, maybe next year will be a different story as far as the market goes, and will sell next go 'round. Plus, this tenant is talking about possibly wanting to purchase it. But then again, that's what the last tenant said, and we all see how that worked out. Whatever...goin' with the flow.

Just a lot of little problems arising today that irritate and frustrate me. Like finally going to get Peyton's prescription changed in her glasses, and the technition that does that has Tuesdays off. Yes...he is there every other day of the week, except the one day I show up. Peyton was in rare form today, which added to my frustrations. I tried to keep it cool today. After the eye dr. rejection we went over to Target to get Ashleigh a b-day gift and a Kindergarten Care Package. Peyton was in the cart..."Mommy, let's go back to the toys, Mommy go that way..Mommy the toys are over ther..Mommy I want that..." Uggh. I told her I would take her for ice cream but she insisted she wanted candy at the check out. Which I always let her pick out one candy at the check out if she has been good while grocery shopping. So I went for ice cream and she had candy. Came home, fixed some minor work problems, and we both layed down for a bit. I really have done everything I could to get back in a good mood after this morning's fiasco....I just really haven't been able to get out of the funk. Tomorrow, I know, is going to be GREAT! ha

That's it. Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day! You are right tho- tomorrow will be great! A nap makes a great day! Where is Mom living till house is sold? Hope the heat is cooling off! Love, Auntie S