Family Fun

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Well, it's pretty much too hot to do anything outside. Have to stay indoors. We broke a new heat record today of 107. Not the kind of records I want us to be breaking. uggh. So we have been hanging out in our 75 degree house.

I think, really though, Peyton has enjoyed hanging out at home today with her mom and dad. She has been nonstop using our bodies like jungle gyms..climbing on and off of us, making us meals in her play kitchen, watched a movie, played cheerleader. I went through some hand-me-downs and found Sydney's old cheerleader uniform from when she was 4 years old. Peyton stayed in that thing ALL day long. She was soooo excited when I showed her that. She immediately went and got her pom poms and did some cheers for us. She did her splits and stretches. She has a Bell Dancerella Cheerleader movie. It shows steps for cheerleading and how to stretch and stuff. She loves that show. It comes with a mat for her to place her feet in the right places and such. I looked into getting her into a cheerleading leauge. RC thinks the YMCA isn't doing it anymore. I couldn't find anything on their website. The Saginaw Youth Association already had sign ups, plus you have to be 5 years old to do it. RC told me that Upward, which is like a Christian league does cheerleading. I looked it up and they do. But they have to be 4. I am just going to call and see if they would still allow her to do it at 3 1/2. She doesn't look 3 or act 3. In fact, nobody would know she is only 3. I am willing to bet she is bigger than some of the 5 year olds. I hope she can. If not, I guess she will just have to wait until the Spring. Poor kid.

So the good news about staying at home all day, is that we didn't spend any money today. ha
We cleaned a bit, and then pretty much were pretty useless all day. In fact, none of us even got dressed. I think we all needed a day at home like this. Been a while since we have done that.

Steve is on vacation not this week but the next. So far we are planning on going to Fossil Rim, where you drive through the animal park and feed the big ol' animals and such. We are going to go to the circus that is in town. And possibly Burgers Lake. Burgers lake was closed due to some Crypto(*&*^...some bug that makes you nausiated and poopy and throwing up. Sounds fun huh. But it's been cleared and reopened. I figure it is the best time to go because it is probably being tested every day by the county. I don't know...we'll see. Other than that. I am not sure what else we are going to do. Gonna be a "staycation" of sorts. I am taking of AAdvanced that Wednesday, but will probably work that Friday and I have told my gang at Century 21 that I will be in and out of pocket. I dont' want to pass up any great leads, but I also want to go and do things without being bothered. So I will just cut it in half and work some but not the whole time.

Well. This week looks to be busy again. Maybe not as bad as last week though. Tomorrow, Floor duty from 9-1..Peyton to Nana's. Then dinner with friends for a b-day dinner. Tues. I don't have anything so far. I am going to make it a Mommy and Peyton day. Wed...AAdvanced, Thurs. Floor duty half of the day, and AAdvanced on Friday.

That's it in a nuttshell. All I got for today...Have a good week all.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I knew Pey would be excited about that Cheerleading outfit! Sounds like a gloriously lazy day! We never went to Braums...bummer!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Peyton has an outfit for cheering! Life is good! Maybe Sydney can teach her the cartwheel? So sorry you are having such heat! Enjoy Steve's vaca; sounds like you have great stuff to do. Love, Auntie S