Family Fun

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sucky blanket

OMG! My daughter has gone to bed without her sucky blanky!!!! Mark this day in history!!! Background....since Peyton was probably a year old, there is this certain Emily Coe (or is it Amy Coe)...ok, a blanket exclusive to Target, that she has taken an edge up and twisted it and shoved it into her mouth. A lot of the blanket gets shoved into the mouth. She soaks the thing with spit by the time she is done with it. They start to stink...and it's just gross. If you accidently sit on the blanket...you butt is soaked. In fact, Ashleigh came in the office at Andi's today and showed us her wet shorts. We asked what it was, and she said she sat on Peyton's blanket. LOL! It's just gross! I had to buy like 7 of these blankets because they get so nasty so quick. Constant rotation.

So, after the talking we did with her the past few days didn't work. Andi asked her to give them to Addyson because she needs those blankets. And if she did she would be a big girl princess and she would buy her a cinderlla dress all for herself! Peyton was gung-ho on that! She was all over giving them to Addy and getting that dress.

We got home...still gung-ho. She went to watch her Dora movie and came in the living room and said, "I'm cold". Which is code for--I want my blanket. Which she knows I don't like her to have that when she is not sleeping. I hate it when she walks around with it and lets it drag on the floor and all of that. She wanted that blanket. You could see it on her face. She was wavering on the promise to give up the blanky. She went and got it. I didn't say anything. She came in with it, then I said something. "Baby-girl...I thought you were going to be a big girl princess and give those to Addy?" She said, "no I don't want to." I tried to talk to her, but she moved on to a different subject.

I put her to bed walking past the blanky in the playroom. She layed down and sayed, "wait...I need my sucky blanky." I said, "no, you don't. Why don't we try it one night without your blanky" She said, "No ,and she wanted it." She got up and went in the playroom and got it. I told her to go say goodnight to her Daddy. She did. Steve said, "why don't we put your blanky on the washing machine and wash them so they are all clean for Addy." She ran and put it on the washing machine. Just like that. She told me when we got back to the bed, "make sure they are niiiceee and warrrmmm for Addy." I said, "I certainly will. I will get them all cleaned and dry and warm, then tomorrow we'll get a special bag, put them in and take them to Addy." She agreed.

I might be having a little trouble with this as she is. Makes me cry when I see her face wavering on the decision she agreed to. You could see it on her face. She is unsure and concerned that she needs that blanky. Oh dear. I know it makes her feel safe and content to have that blanket. It is sometimes the only way she will even sit still. I guess I don't want her to feel unsafe, and unsure. Andi keeps saying to stay strong. Very hard!!!! I just want her to have what she wants when she wants it and how she wants it. But then again, I know life isn't always that way. But it's just a blanky for goodness sake. Oy vey.

But she did it. We will see how the night goes. I checked on her on our video monitor, and she is doing ok so far. A little wiggly. Steve is checking on her now. Says she is spread eagle on her bed and singing. LOL

I love that girl!! Night.

No comments: