Family Fun

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lazy as planned

Yup...as I posted earlier I planned on a lazy Sunday. And I accomplished that task. I did do a few productive things. Took a nap, hung out with Peyton, ate dinner, cut Steve's hair and yes, I did do some work too. I did do all my letters to local family and friends letting you all know I joined the Crimmins Team. So you all should be getting that shortly. ;)

Since I napped I am not tired now that it's time to go to bed. But I guess I will do a little more work. I have plenty to do, that's for sure.

Thank you, Autie Sharon for the comments on the blog. And you too, Bridget!!! My plan for this blog is to publish it into a book. There is a place called blurb.com that you can convert your blog into a book and keep it as a treasure. I want to do that. I think it would be cool for Peyton to have for years to come. To know what she was up to along with her goofy parents and family as it was happening. Thanks to Andi for that idea. So post your comments people and you can be included in the book too. That would be cool I think.

I have thought a lot about my friend who has since moved away lately. I won't mention names but her initials are ET. We have been friends for around 25 years. She moved away when we were very young, but through all that time we stayed friends. Talked on the phone, made time to go see each other. She even moved her family here several years ago. But I guess they missed their families too much and moved back. But since she has moved back she hasn't been much of a friend. I could probably count on 1 hand how many times she has called me in the 2 or so years since she has moved. I was very devestated when she moved away again. I have in the past called, emailed, texted, and now blogged about. It is hard to be friends with someone who doesn't seem to wish to do the same. I don't get phone calls back, texts or emails back. It makes me sad. She has always been such a good friend. I could tell her ANYTHING. She never judged. She always made me feel better about bad situations and had positive things to say to help me out. I really have no idea why she has not been keeping in touch with me as she has and I have for 25 years. We are all busy...I know you people know how busy I am because I complain about it all the time. I am sure she is too. But in this day and age there is just no reason not to keep up with friends that you want to keep in touch with. Cell phone calls on the way to or from destinations, text, instant messenger, blogs, phone, email...the list goes on. I wish I had an answer. I do keep in touch with her mother, who has always been very kind to us. She doesn't have answers for me either. But nonetheless, I enjoy her mother. Sadly, she makes more of an effort to keep in contact than ET does. Again, I don't know the deal. Sometimes friends come and go. Even old friends. ET, if you read this. Give me a call girl. I miss you.

I probably wasn't the best friend while she was living here. There are things I wish I had done differently. I think she felt judged even though she has never judged me. She did things different than I would do things, and being so close, as me and my sisters are, I tend to be upfront and ask questions about it, which may come across wrong. I have learned from that. It doesn't mean the way people do things that are different than me are wrong...just different. She was there when my Peyton was born, and stayed with me in the hospital when Steve went home to sleep one night in the hospital. We have been through it all together. A very long history. She knows everything about me...good and bad. Love her.

Anyway...gonna do a little work. Maybe that will make me tired and want to go to bed. ha
Night night.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I miss her too, but I just don't understand what went wrong. Nothing more you can do! Have I mentioned I'm STILL not supportive of your new career? Just kidding, sis, I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Well, Peyton is the blessing & one may? be it but keep praying & practicing! Steve, you owe me! God bless Wendy, she let it go & had to ask me to do the same.
As for ET, if it gets to you too bad, do what Granny Helen told me! "Go to the toilet, picture the person, say their name & flush them away" If its meant to be it will BE!
Love you, Auntie S