Family Fun

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LOVE IT!

Yes...an actual nice day! I didn't get much time with Peyton today which is the only reason this day wasn't just grand. But an overall good day. Did some work this morning, went to lunch with a good friend, picked up Peyton, she napped (for once.), worked a bit more then went off to see Brittany play with the City of Fort Worth Youth Orchestra at the Bass Hall. Really very good. I couldn't see her at all, but it all sounded great. I wouldnt have missed that. Steve stayed home with Peyton and they went on a "date" to Wendy's. Cheap date, eh. hehe But they enjoyed it. Good to get some one on one time. I get a lot more of that than Steve, so it was a good change.

Yesterday went to Sydney and my Dad's piano recital. It was also impressive. They both did well. My dad just took up lessons a couple of years ago and he is brave enough to get up there with 5-15 year olds. Takes gutts. Good job Pops.

I was touched by a recent comment on my blog by somebody who said they didn't know me. Thanks to the the person who sent the comment. I appreciate it. Read it if you can.

Got a message on our phone from a friend of ours. She is a lady Steve's dad used to date that Steve and I got close with. She is an older lady and haven't heard from her in a couple of years. We send Christmas cards every year, and had heard that she had fallen ill. I think with a heart attack or stroke. She sounded very old. Not well sounding. I am going to give her a call. She is/was one of the nicest ladies. We all bonded in the fact that we all lived through the craziness of Steve's father. That is a whole other story, one in which I will touch on soon. Sad story, upsetting and kind of unbelievable. Most sad thing is that he doesn't know his only grandchild, and really...if you ask me.....could care less about that fact. Yeah...anyway...a story for another day. But anyway....Peggy (his former girlfriend).....the nicest women. Iwill let you know how my phone call goes with her. I hope she is ok.

Today wasn't so nutty as it has been. Actually a little slow compared to recent days. A nice change of pace. Tomorrow I don't have much planned either. Gonna take my work over to Andi's in the afternoon and answer phones for her as well. She is having trouble on Wed. because she has to take Ash to speach theropy. So I am going to try to work on my work while helping her out. We'll see how it goes anyway.

Summer is just about here! HOT stuff! Not looking forward to that. But am looking forward to getting tan again.

Peyton cracks me up. she is at that stage where she just talks randomly. This morning she said....knock, knock. I said, who's there. She looked around the kitchen and said, "light. Because it's right there and it's in mommy and daddy and peyton's house, and it's pretty, and I can see Murray, and Chloe is getting licked by Murray, and I like my strawberries, and....." So funny. Out of the blue kind of stuff. LOVE IT! Makes me stop, notice, and listen and take it in. Just the innocence and randomness of thoughts. I often wondered what does she dream about. We all dream about work and life, and have trouble sleeping wondering if we paid the bill that was due, etc. She woke up the other day straight from her nap and said, "Mommy! Clifford the big red dog went down my slide but he was too big and got stuck. But the big red dog was daddy, and they were both playing on my playground." My question had been answered. She dreams about Clifford! That's what I mean by innocence. Our little world within our home, family and friends is all she knows. She hasn't been tainted or warped in any way. So weird. So cool. LOVE IT too! The greatest thing I thought was when she was born, but the second greatest thing is getting to watch her grow up! LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I had Blogged! I would have had SO MANY GREAT entrys! Wendy was like Peyton; talkitive, freely thoughtful! Richy was quiet & never had a chance cause Wendy spoke for him! But he expressed in art, so beautiflly! Russ was full of interest & he was so thoughtful! They filled my heart! BLOG ON!Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

That Pey Pey is the cutest kid in the world!! She is going to be a smart one that one. She has a terriffic mind process. Love her!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that was from Auntie Rae...Hehe.