Family Fun

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Christmas Season has started!



Look what I did!


Gingerbread house fun!


Intently placing the candy



"Can we eat it now Mommy"




Turkey Day..notice the Apron! hehe



Well, we hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We had a nice day. It was tiring, but nice. We had everybody on my side of the family here at my house. Not too bad. All I had to do was straighten up, buy ice, cook the turkey and dressing. Steve started carving the turkey because my dad was like 30 mins. late. this was after I called him at 5 till noon to ask how long until he was going to be here. He said he was right around the corner. Yeah, well..he must have just been leaving because he didn't get here for another 25 minutes...that's how long it takes to get to our house from his house. urrgg. Nonetheless, Steve started carving the turkey so we could all eat already. Once dad got here he chipped in to help. We had a nice meal and then all sat around saying how stuffed we were. Kind of stinked without the Linders here. I didn't get to spend the first Thanksgiving with Addy. That makes me sad. Oh well.....

After everybody left we had to go to Steve's Mom's house. Jim, steve's step dads side of the family was going to all be there for dinner. So we joined in for another meal. Needless to say...we were soooo full! ha But it was all good eating. ha We were kind of glad when the day was over.


This morning Steve, Kevin and RC kicked off the Christmas season by getting up at 6am to go shopping! Crazy people! I got up at a wonderful 9:00 and got me and Peyton ready and met them all at one of the stores. Then we proceeded to shop until like 5pm! uggh. But we got a lot done. I, personally, didn't see any huge spectacular deals this year. It was good though. Then we got home, chilled for a while and I fell asleep in my chair. Ate some leftovers and were going to put up our tree, but time got away from us...so we did the gingerbread house instead. Peyton was driving us crazy to make it, so she got her way. ha


Here is a picture of the shirt I got her and Ashleigh. Too cute!

It is so fitting. ha
So, that's about it. The rest of the weekend doesn't entail too much. We will probably do our tree tomorrow. Tomorrow night we are going to some friends house. Then Sunday I am on Floor Duty in the afternoon. I will either be really busy, or have nothing at all. Not sure which yet.
So ya'll get to shopping...only like 26 days until Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a wonderful time at Allysons house this year it was her turn to host.good job Steve and Ally. all the food was so good , if i do say so myself. it was a wonderfuil day for us all peyton is a doll sweet as a bug.seems like being late runs in the family ,Ally is just like her DAD!!! HAPPY THANKS GIVING YALL.
ANNA

JESSICA said...

Peyton is so cute with her pigtails. OMG - did you cut her hair? It's uneven! HA - just kidding!

Anonymous said...

loved the pics, thanks! glad you had a fun T'day & so was ours! Then to Russ's to paint & redo girls rooms, what fun! then to Arlington, DC for my uncle's military funeral, very somber! Love, Auntie S