Family Fun

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A week until Thanksgiving!

Only one more week...better get to the store and get your turkeys. I did. I got a 21 pounder! Its a big momma! Thanksgiving is at my house this year. Oh boy! Linders are leaving town. They suck! Whatever... Less mouths to feed.

I cut Peyton's hair last night. It's a little shorter than I wanted, but I am a rookie. ha Nah..it looks cute, I think. Her hair grows so fast, it won't even matter in a month. It just was getting too much to take, and I haven't had time to take her to Tina's. Sorry Tina...had to be done. )

Got a closing tomorrow! woo-hoo! Got one on Wednesday too! Woo-hoo! Bring on the bucks, baby! It has otherwise been a slow week around here. I really wasn't feeling too good yesterday, so Peyton and I hung around the house. We hadn't done that on a week day in forever! I didn't even get dressed. I took a nap and the whole bit! Peyton wouldn't lay down with me, so I put on a movie and she played in her gameroom. I did have to get up in the middle of my nap to wipe her bootie because she decided to go poo poo while I was sound asleep. All I could hear was, "Momma...come wipe my butt!" over and over. Unfortunately, my nap was only a little over an hour...but it was still a nap none the less. Peyton tried. She did finally come into my bed and tell me to get up. Nap time was over by then anyway. I do feel better today. If I feel myself getting sick, I sleep my ass off and I can usually fight it off. Knock on wood. ha

Got the cleaning lady coming tomorrow. woo-hoo! Only crappy thing is she is coming at like 8:15am!!! Not too happy about that. I don't tend to like to getting up early, in case you all haven't got a hang of that yet. ha Oh well...probably get dressed, grab some breakfast and take it to Andi's until my closing at 11am.

Pretty boring week, folks. I even had time to do an elf thing. I emailed it to some of you...but here it is for those who didn't see it. Just click on the link.

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/5udctt4rmq3qAGRZ


It's funny stuff...I know. That's how slow I have been this week. Honestly, I don't expect things to pick up until after the first of the year. We shall see.

Oh...I got steve a new cell phone for his Birthday. So we took his old phone and told Peyton that Santa gave it to us as our direct line to him. And when she starts to act up I tell her I am going to call Santa..and have a couple of times. When I go to pick it up now, she says, "don't do it Mommy!" hehe Santa actually called it last night. Steve made his phone ring and I told her Santa was calling on the Santa phone. But this time it was to tell her what a good girl she was for cleaning her playdo mess and getting ready for bed so quickly. She thought that was too cool. She keeps wanting to talk to him, and I have to tell her that this phone is onlly for Mommies and Daddys. It has worked thus far...we shall see. We have decided we can't abuse the Santa phone thing, or she won't take it seriously. So we are laying off a little bit. Bribery...works every time!!
Night folks!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Oh my goodness, you cut PeyPey's hair yourself?!?! Steve's hair is one thing, but your little girl? you'll be here in a few minutes and I'm cringing at the thought!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Once I cut Richy's hair & kept him in a hat even in the house cause it was so short! And once I cut Uncle Richard's when we were first married & Granny West said "DON'T YOU EVER DARE CUT HIS HAIR AGAIN! I'LL PAY FOR A REAL CUT FOR HIM!" She was pissed! Loved the dancing elves! Enjoy the turkey & your family! love Auntie S