Family Fun

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A lot to catch up on

Been a few days. So unlike me, but has become a more frequent occurrance for me. Sorry. Life gets in the way sometimes.


So let's start with Peyton's first day at school on Tues. She did so well. As usual. She went right in, sat down and did her puzzles. Which are her absolute favorite. Really didn't care that I was leaving. She never had any problem, even when she was in the 1 year old class. About 1 to 2 times during the year, she will cry. Which has always puzzled me. ha She enjoyed herself and looks forward to going back tomorrow. She is not allowed to take peanut butter to class for lunch! This child has been taking peanut butter and jelly every tues. and thurs. since she was 1.5 years of age. She LOVES peanut butter and jelly. She told me, "No peanut butter, Mommy..only turkey, cheese sandwiches with Ranch. LOL Ranch. I never have given her a sandwich with Ranch on it. But Ranch is one of her favorite things, so I don't see why not. Not sure if I have any Ranch though. We will see when I get to that point. So we are off to a great start in the 3 year old class in Little Blessings school. You go Peyton! My little independent girl.

School girl

Ms. Independent


Straight to the puzzles.








Tonight she had her first cheerleading session with Mrs. Jessica. Peyton LOVED it! She so enjoyed learning how to do "rolls"..I call them summersaults. Did her first cartwheel. Which probably was better than I could do. I have never been able to do a cartwheel. Mrs. Jessica is a great teacher. She learned her first cheer. Got on the trampleline to do "big star jumps." They are actually called something else according to Jess, but I can't remember now. And then another jump, that I can't recall the name. I am sure jess will comment and remind me what the names are. ha I think Jessica enjoyed it as much as Peyton. But Peyton has the attention span of the 3 year old that she is, so lessons are kept to about 30 mins. Which I think is a great idea. We wouldn't get much more out of her. Thank you Jessica, for volunteering and teaching my baby how to be a cheerleader. We appreciate your generosity. You're awesome. And did I mention Jessica is like 20 weeks pregnant! Yes, and still has enough energy to do this. And let's not forget the 2 kids that she already has and the job. The girl has more energy than I have, that's for sure. Here are some pics and a video clip is at the bottom of this entry.


Rollin'





Straighten those arms









Stretch!









Otherwise...Steve has started his new sememster. He is taking another Religon class. Oh, how he loves it. It is a lot of writing papers and reading really boring stuff. Poor guy. Hang in there Steve, it will all pay off.


Me...work, work, and more work. Alright. Maybe not that much work. Tuesday was pretty busy at C21, but didn't have to go to my 2nd job. Today went into c21 office then off to my 2nd job. Came home, got Peyton changed and off to her lesson. So really, hasn't been too bad of a couple of days. Tomorrow Peyton goes to school. I have to go preview some lakefront homes for a client, go to C21 office, pick up Peyton, take her to Andi's then to go 2nd job.


I think we are pretty much caught up. Oh...yes. May have read on Andi's blog and I'm sure will be on RC's blog. But Brittany's best friend, Justin Canfield, was in a horrible car accident on Friday night. Was broadsided by a drunk driver while crossing an intersection over by Ash and Sydney's school. His brother was in the car too. Justin was careflighted to the hospital where he remains in the ICU with a brain hemorage. He is doing better, and shocked the dr.'s by his progress. Please keep their family in your prayers. If you live around here, the band (justin is in the band, and father is the band director) is doing a car wash on the corner ofBailey Boswell and Saginaw Main st. at the Valero to raise money for the family and their medical bills.


Here is the video. Enjoy




4 comments:

Andi said...

She's going to be an awesome Cheerleader! Go PeyPey!!

JESSICA said...

She looks so cute in her outfit on the first day of school!
The jumps are called: Straddle jumps and tuck jumps. The somersault is called a forward roll.
(Thanks for the boobie shots!)
We are going to have that girl doing cartwheels in 3 months - promise Mom! :)
GO PEYTON!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, thank you for teaching Peyton to cheer. It is her very favorite thing to do. Can't wait to see her do a cartwheel. Love, Meme

Anonymous said...

I just knew Peyton could cheer! God bless Jessica! All positive energy to her! Why is Steve taking another religion class? What will he degree in? Loved Peyton's school pics, her cheer video & her great attitude!
Love, Auntie S