Family Fun

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A decent weekend

So it was a pretty nice weekend. Not too busy for once. Friday was pretty busy. I went home and collapsed at the end of the day. I got Peyton signed up for Soccer. She is soooo excited. She keeps asking when are we going to her soccer game. And she wants to do her super soccer kick. (She watches wayyy too much Dora the Explorer.) So we are counting down the days for her first practice. She doesn't have her first game until the 4th of Oct. That should be cute.

Then I took her to Andi's for the day, picked up a Pizza for her, me and my Mom, who was stopping by after her clinic appt. Shoved that down, ran to the office to pull properties for a guy I was showing in 10 minutes. Cut that down to the wire. Showed him for a couple of hours, raced him back to his car and headed to Haslet for my second job. Worked there, picked up Peyton from Andi's, came home and met Steve and went to eat some Mexican food with Steve's folks. Came home and it was already like 8:30. I changed to my pjs and was in bed by 10:30. For all that know me, know I had to be tired to be in bed before midnight on any normal night, let alone a Friday night. I slept for like 10 hours. It was a long week.

Saturday, had a showing at noon, previewed some lakefront properties for a client, had floor duty and done by 5pm. I was very irritable Saturday, and I decided I figured out why. Because of my messy freakin' house!!!! So I did a little flippin' out. Called a family meeting and handed out duties. Explained to my daughter and husband that if Momma aint happy ain't nobody gonna be happy! And that we all pinky promised to do better at cleaning or messes. Before going to bed at night each of us is to pick up after themselves before going to bed. So I was a woman on a mission. Steve and I picked up, Peyton was cleaning her rooms, Steve dealt with putting all our clothes away, and I sweat my ass off with the vacum cleaner hand tools cleaning the floors. Then broke out the vinigar and water to clean the wood floors. The tile had been done about a week ago, so I let those slide. We spent about 2 1/2 hours, and we still have a lot to do. But it was a great start. At least now if somebody were to drop by, I wouldn't be mortified by how my house looks. Fact is, I don't have time to play housewife. Yes, I could work a little harder by doing a little each day. But I do know this! I want my freakin' cleaning ladies back!! Unfortunately, our budget will not allow at this point. We spend a lot more on groceries and gas than we once did. Peyton's tuition, soccer, and all these little things that keep coming up drain or budget the fastest. But I am tellin' ya. Maybe not the closing I am having this month, but the next closing I have, i am having them come in and do a deep cleaning. It puts me in a bad mood to have a house that messy. My dogs don't help. With the dog who you can let out before you leave and as soon as you walk out the door poops on the tile. At least she hits the tile now. Only because I make it a point to close the baby gate to the carpeted area now. The other sheds all over the place and makes me feel like I have to vacum 2 times a day. uggh.

So anyway..off of my bitchfest now. After our cleaning whirlwind. Steve talked me into Gengis Grill. Not my favorite, but I did it for him. hehe (knowing I would want pizza again soon) Then to the grocery store. Fun Saturday night. That's like 2 times in 2 weeks we have done that. Today Steve and Kevin went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Steelers. uggh..here we go again. Me and Peyton met the other girls and kids at my Dad's to swim and eat lunch. We had a nice time. Didn't stay for the Cowboy game, but that's ok...I was able to come home and take a nap. ahhh!!

I asked Peyton what was the favorite part of her day. She said playing with Pop Pop. That was so sweet. That's pretty good. It even beat Steve taking her out in the backyard learning to play soccer.

That's our weekend in a nuttshell. Uneventfull. Saw pics of Brittany in her cap and gown for her sr. pictures. All I can say is OMG! click on the link to "My sister Rae Carol's blog" and go look at them. You can click on the picture to enlarge it. My goodness. What a beauty!

On that note...GO COWBOYS AND GOOD NIGHT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like major PMS! Bet its time for your period! LOL, LOL! Love the pinky promise! Peyton sure loves activities! Go Girl! love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

Soccer sounds like fun for Peyton! It's so funny to watch the 3-on-3 games at this age.
Get off that "bitchfest" mood thing before you come in to work today, would ya? :)