Family Fun

Friday, September 19, 2008

WHAT! A week!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I haven't blogged all week. Sorry bloggers. It's been another hairy week at the York household.

So let's catch up, shall we. Steve...Steve..Steve...He is sick. Has been since Tuesday. He missed Tues, Wed. and today of work. He went to work on Thurs, but ended up at the dr. by afternoon. He has bronchitis, pharygitis (sp?), sinus infection and an ear infection. OY VEY! The biggest problem is he hasn't been able to sleep because his pharnyx is inflamed and swollen it is making like he has sleep apnea. Which he does have a mild case, but it was wayyy worse. He would snore.......not breath........and then wake up from lack of air. He would do this about every minute. I couldn't sleep because I was scared he wouldn't wake up in time for air. We tried every position for him to sleep. On the side, on the other side, sitting up, on his stomach! Goodness. So the dr. gave him a shot with steriods and something else. He is already feeling much better. Let's all hope he sleeps better too. By early this morning, he already was breathing better, thus sleeping better. Not much fun here. I am trying to stay well...Peyton has said she has a sore throat. Her voice is raspy and is coughing. But acting fine and no fever. I think she is ok. We all just need to get lots of rest and fluids and take our vitiminsto keep well. Not much else we can do. I don't have time to get sick!!! I know that!

My short sale! The one that I said in a previous entry wasn't going to happen! It's lookin' up folks! YIPPIE! All the liens got released by some miracle of GOD! We got an executed contract, and are due to close on the 30th! Everybody say a little prayer that nothin else comes up on this damn house. I am not discounting anything...because anything can happen between now and then, and I am sure something will. I just hope whatever it may be can be resolved in time. the 30th is the absolute drop dead date!

Wrote another offer on a house...twice, because I messed up. oy vey. I showed last night until 8pm. I am showing for a lease tomorrow, and showing the same person I showed last night again tomorrow. She's kinda driving me crazy. She sends me 10 listings at a time to go look at. You can get about 2 houses in an hour by the time you get there, look and drive to the other. So if that tells you how much time I am going to spend showing this woman. And it's only a home in the $80k range....so not much money for me. Whatever...it's something. Then I went tramping through the mud last night after I finally got home at 8:30pm. My listing I have across the street from me has water coming from the flower bed. There is a busted pipe or something in there. I couldn't find the location of it because it is so overgrown and was so dark. The owner had the water turned off today, and it stopped, but there is still a leak somewhere that needs to get fixed or she will need to disclose it.

Today, got up ran errands, met my friend for lunch with Peyton and her daughter, dropped Peyton at Andi's so I didn't have to drive across town to drop her off to steve at home (thanks andi) and made it to AAdvanced on time. Then went to andi's to pick her up and we all decided to go to Olive Garden. Went and picked up Steve and off we went. I couldn't eat much because I was still kinda not hungry from lunch. But it was good. Everybody picked on Steve because nobody wanted to sit by the cootie boy. ha Poor steve. hehe

Peyton starts soccer on Monday. Her first practice with Coach Scott. She is so excited. I just hope she is not getting sick and not be able to go. I would be sad for her. She asked me all kinds of questions tonight. "how many other kids will be on my team", "What is a coach", "is it a boy or girl", what color is my uniform", "will the other boys and girls have soccer balls like me", "I'M GOING TO DO LOTS OF SUPER SOCCER KICKS!" (That's from Dora the Explorer) ha Safe to say...she is excited.

I am tired! I had a client calling me at 10:10pm tonight! Out of line? What do you think? I told him it was ok, but seriously...would you call your Realtor at 10pm at night? I wouldn't. I didn't answer the first time at 9:45, and didn't answer again at 10:10 when he called. So I just decided to call him back so he wouldn't call again. I don't know....crazy. Whatever. I tell ya...it's a 7 day a week job, all hours of the day.

That's really it. Really it was a busy week, but I will take this week over last week. Last week was way worse. Tomorrow is promising to be busy. Have to meet up with the guy that called late tonight at 11am tomorrow to pick up his contract. Then floor duty from 9-1, showings from about 1pm to 7pm. Gonna be a long day. I better go to bed. I am going to need my rest. ha

I will not go a week before my next entry. Have a GREAT weekend peeps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real estate has seem to pick up since they did that tax break thing where you can get the 7500. I closed one on monday and have one closing Oct 10th and executed one today. I am thrilled! Glad you got the short sale going!

Anonymous said...

Great that you are busy at work w/the economy so tough but really, its a good sign! So sorry Steve was ill! Good that you watched after him, I'd worry too! Good Luck Peyton! Kick Great! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

Too bad that Steve has been sick. I hope that you & Peyton stay well!!!
IS THE GUY OUT OF LINE TO CALL YOU AT 10PM? Was that a rhetorical question? DUH - he is WAY out of line!! You better be my BFF in a bind, or a family member to call me after 9:00. Am I up after that? Sure, I'm up till midnight...but it's just common courtesy. You only call people from 9AM-9PM...PERIOD!!