Family Fun

Friday, September 26, 2008

Summer video

K...downloading this video now for the 2nd time. All I did is hit enter..and poof...gone! urrrggg! It's long, so it takes forever to download.

Finally sat down and did this video. I am getting better. It only took me a bit over an hour to do it. The first one took me like 3 hours. Hope you enjoyed it.

So, been several days...sorry. Been a busy week. Even the one day I took off, it was a busy day. The highlight of my week was "Peyton Day". I decided that on Wednesday I was going to take off from both jobs. I told Peyton that she and I were going to spend the whole day together. She was very excited. Of course, we had to go to our pizza place together. Cheap...decent, and Peyton loves it. So we went and ate pizza. Then (not really for peyton..but had to be done) went and got my windshield wiper fixed and dropped off some dry cleaning. Then it was off to the costume store. We pulled up and she said "Mommy, this is the same place we came last year to get my dorothy dress!" I was stunned. I said, "that's great Peyton, who was with us?" "Brian, Andi, Ashleigh and Addy was in Andi's tummy." FREAKED me out! Honest to God. I didn't know kids at this age really had much of a long term memory. That was a year ago for crying out loud! I barely remember that. Geez! Smart kid! I am telling ya. So she picked out an Aerial (Little Mermaid costume) Very cute. I got the dress and the crown. They had the shoes, the wand, the wig...no. Not spending 50 buck-a-roos on all that. She loves it. She says she is Dora Mermaid. Because there is a movie that Dora is a Mermaid that she loves, apparently more than Little Mermaid. I don't know. So after the costume store, (which is Party City by the way...ha) she and I got ice cream and then a diet coke. ha Weirdly enough, she does like ice cream, but she is not in love with it. She basically ate enough ice cream to eat most of the m&m's on it. But she loves to get diet cokes with Mommy, so that was another special treat. Then went and hung at Andi's for a bit and headed on to Cheerleading practice. She did good. Thanks Jessica!!!! Poor Jess isn't going to be able to do it much longer. She is 5 mos. prego. ha So it was nice to just be with her all day.

Not a greatly productive week on the real estate front. My short sale is still set to close on Tues. of next week. Showed one evening to the "let's go see every house under $90k" lady. Did our meeting at the office....etc.

The AC co. doesn't have any AC!!!! WHAT! Yes...no AC at the AC co!!! It broke. We are going to call another AC co to come fix it if Brian doesn't get on it!!! Not a fun 2 days sitting in a hot office. And Brian has no sympathy...he's on a hot roof all day so what does he care that Jess and I sweat our tushies off in the office. ha

What else happened this week....hum.....oh yes! Peyton started her soccer practices. She is the youngest on the team. She is on a team with mostly 5 year olds. There is even a 7 year old. You would never know it, because she is just as tall as the others. But you can tell when it comes to her skills. It is cute to watch. The coach kind of has taken her under his wing to help the youngest one out a little more. She keeps running up to the ball and putting her foot on it and saying "that's my ball". Then just stands there with her foot on it. The games should be REAL interesting. Steve and I are going to work with her a bit this weekend. I think it is a for sure thing that we have to work with her on the side just to keep her competitive with the others. But she really does lose interest in about 30 mins. Cheerleading...same way. But she does well. I am proud of her. She is so excited to go, so I am happy she is loving both of the activities.

Went to dinner with Mom and Jim tonight. Thanks for dinner Mom and Jim. Yeah..we are broke. Broke until at least Tues. when I get a freakin paycheck finally. But I have bills that didn't get paid with Steve's paycheck so that will be gone in a big-fat hurry. Oh well...can only do what we can do.

Tomorrow is Steve's company picnic. Peyton should enjoy it. Then going over to a friend from his work and my former clients that I sold their house in Watauga. Going to see their new house.

Other than that folks...enjoy the video and have a GREAT weekend!

4 comments:

JESSICA said...

Ahh - tear jerker!! Great video! Jeremy thinks she is SUCH a cute little girl! This is the 3rd time he has said something about her. :)
I agree about the AC...Get on it, Linder!
Keep practicing soccer & cheerleading with her - the earlier you start them, the better. She will be just fine in no time.

Anonymous said...

Ally! what a great video!!! - she is soooo cute. It really came out just perfect. It just seem like this summer flew by and I enjoyed having Peyton to swim with me most of the summer - so glad she learned to swim with me - we had a great time of it. I helped her learn to swim and with me working with her and hanging on to me during that time - she helped me lose weight. Yea!!!

Paw Paw says - "that's my little girl". If he doesn't get to see her at least one or twice a week - he thinks he just can't make it - he will call and say "see if the kids can come over or see if the kids can go out to dinner with us -got to have my "Peyton Fix".

Love our little girl!!!!

Gotta go - Mom and Jim

Anonymous said...

What a cute video! You did a great job putting that together. Have a wonderful week! :) J

Andi said...

GREAT job on the video! Our little PeyPey is such a HAM! BTW, Brian rigged up some A/C yesterday...yes, on a Sunday, so you better enjoy it! ha! Dang, these "word verefications" to post a comment are getting ridiculous! This one is like 1,248 blurry letters!!