Family Fun

Sunday, September 21, 2008

a lovely Sunday

It was really a nice day. After the day I had yesterday...I will take it. I worked ALL day Saturday! From about 10 am to 7pm. Showing mostly. This girl found a house she loves, and said she thinks she is going to make an offer...then sent me 12 more listings via email tonight to look at!!!! WHAT! HELLO!!!! Found one! Come on! I have already showed this girl 20 houses ALL around the metroplex. She is KILLING me! whatever. She better buy something soon. ha

Today. We hung out at home until about noon and slept till 10 am! ahhhh! Got dressed and went to Potbelly's for lunch. Yummy sandwiches. Then off to Academy to get peyton's soccer shoes, shin guards. Then I got to thinking. What is this girl going to wear to practice. All she owns are dressess, because that's all I could get her to wear all summer. So I bought her 3 pair of athletic type shorts and 4 t-shirts. Didn't think about the clothing issue until then. And we needed another chair for Steve to sit and watch practice and games. I had one already. So we spent a good $80 that we didn't have on all of that. uggh.

Peyton has her first soccer practice tomorrow. She is so excited. She wants to do her "super soccer kicks" really bad! ha I have been working with her out back kicking around the ball. Mainly to get her used to not picking up or touching the ball. Which she is coming along good. It is still not second nature for her not to pick that thing up. ha Kinda funny. She gets frustrated. She enjoys it. She says, "Mommy, I'm busy. I have to sit down now." after about 10 minutes of that. Short attention span. Wonder what she is going to do on the soccer field.

Lately she has been telling me I'm sorry a lot. When she gets put in time out, and I get her out and talk to her about why she was in time out, she has to say she is sorry. So when we were at the store tonight, she was being a brat and I snapped at her. She started crying and saying, "I'm so sorry Mommy". "I didn't mean to be a brat baby." Me being upset with her is total punishment for her. She hates when I am upset with her. More than a spanking or time out, I think. She said when I put her to bed tonight. "Mommy I am so sorry I was being a spoiled brat baby today". I said, "It's ok Peyton. Let's try to have a better day tomorrow." She was acting liked a spoiled brat tonight because it wasn't enough that we spent $80 on all her soccer stuff, but then she got candy at the store, and a cool toothbrush. Then she complained because she didn't get ice cream and the pictures that I was looking at. So that's where she got that from.

After our shopping trip, I dropped Steve off to hang with the boys to watch football and Peyton and I went to RC's house to hang out there. We weren't allowed to hang with the boys. Whatever.

Alrighty then...another busy week ahead. Ya'll have a good week!

4 comments:

Andi said...

I can't wait to watch PeyPey play soccer! That is going to be some good entertainment there! And it's free, can't beat it! That's funny about the apologizing! Maybe they're both starting to realize? Nahhhh!!

JESSICA said...

You weren't allowed to hang with the boys because they probably weren't watching the football game! LOL!
I'm glad you got to relax on Sunday.
The 3 year old soccer games are the best. You will have your all-stars out there who already know everything about the game, and then you have the complete opposite - those who just want to stand there or who play in the grass. It's all so very cute!!! I hope she has fun!

JESSICA said...

PS: You really don't want to be our realtor then! It took Jeremy and I 2 years (yes, 2!) to find our house, and we looked at MUCH more than 20 houses...probably like 200 houses - seriously! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree w/Jessica cause we shopped a year online w/our Realtor & he took us for 2 days & hooked us up w/4 other realtors across the state! Wish I had your job but I do pity those late calls! Peyton is really learning to be nice! Good game Peyton! Love, Auntie S