Family Fun

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A quickie

It is very late and I have to be up in 7 hours. So here's a quick blog.

The weekend...a good one but a busy one. Saturday...EARLY morning soccer game. 8:30am. Oy vey. Too early for ol' Ally. But Peyton did a little better this time. She actually did put a little effort into it this time. She still was avoiding the ball most of the time, but not as much of the antics of telling the coach she needs a break, or wants to sit out, so that was good. Then we went to breakfast. Came home and quickly got everything ready for my purse party. Got my Fall pumpkin patch done outside, steve pulled weeds in the flower beds, I straighted up, ran to the store, and got dressed. We had a good turn out. I was a little miffed because the original lady that was supposed to come didn't come..she was sick. So she sent somebody else. All they brought were purses. They were supposed to bring sunglasses and jewlery as well, and certain items that we requested. None of it. So that was disappointing. I did get a great Coach purse for $30. It was originally $120, but got a $90 credit for hosting the party..do the math...got it for $30 bucks. I love it. It's pretty, and I needed one so badly.

Then our Burleson Buddies came over and we went out to dinner. The boys played poker while the girls watched Sex in the City movie. Which we both have seen, but it was good. FINALLY...off to bed. Peyton managed to wake us bright and early. Then we went up to see my Mom at the hospital. she is back in there. Looking like she is going to need a stint in her urethra. Her hemoglobin is low, so they had to give her blood today, and then I guess we will see when they do the surgery. She's getting irritated sitting there. she is ready to go home. Patience Mother. I didn't get to go up there today...I got really busy. But I need to go tomorrow.

Then I was on floor duty and had an open house on Sunday. So Sunday was shot as well. It was fine though.

I am closing the house I have listed as a short sale across the street from me on Friday. Thank goodness...I need the moola. I am pissed though that a house that should sell for $130-135k is selling for $112k. Ruins my property value, people know prices are low and take full advantage of it, but when it's all up to the bank there's not much I can do. They just are looking to avoid foreclosure, which is also the goal for me and the homeowner. But I am not selling my house anytime soon, so whatever. Still waiting on my HUD contract to be executed. Hopefully that will close within the 45 days required. And will be showing somebody else again that I thought we found 2 homes they liked, but because we have to ask for so much seller contribution and not reduction in sales price, we have to look at cheaper houses. But they are a good possibility for closing in the next 45 days as well.

Peyton is doing great. I must say....she has been so chatty lately. Nonstop chatter! I am seriously going to get one of those counter things and keep track of how many times she says Mommy in one day. Steve says maybe she is wanting more of our attention. I have been spending all my days with her the past 4 days, but maybe it's not quality time. I am trying to work most of the time too. That is something I need to make an effort on. But sometimes it can't be helped.

Tomorrow....Peyton goes to school, I have a sales meeting and tour and then a luncheon at a local builder. So tomorrow will be a busy day also.

K...that wasn't quick enough...now I'm staring at 6.5 hours of sleep.....why do I do this to myself. ha
Night!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Why do you do this to yourself? Because your name is Allyson! You will never out grow your passion for staying up late! Imagine all of the nicotine your body could void if you just went to bed at a normal time!!! Ha! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! You are so busy! Peyton is just learning "conversation" so don't beat yourself up! Love, Auntie S