Family Fun

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten days!

Here are a few pics for ya..





Brittany at her Regional concert last week




Peyton and Syd at the concert


Peyton hamming it up for the camera





Woops! Been 10 days since my last blog. I wouldn't say because it's been too busy around here. Actually, not been that busy lately. We have enjoyed some time together. Not really doing much, mind you.


We are at home this afternoon because there is an impending ice storm. Peyton got out of school at noon, and Steve got let out of his meeting/class/work at 1pm. So we are all at home safe and sound watching tv with a fire going. Such a nice, and unusual luxary for an afternoon. I am thinking of a nap too. Sounds like an ideal afternoon to me.


So Steve has started his optifast diet. He is doing ok on it. He has a headache from no caffiene, I am sure. He can have some tea and coffe but just not a lot. He says the optifast is pretty good, but I tasted it and didn't have the same setiment. I am not a fan AT ALL of powdered drinks. I guess it's the consistency. Grosses me out. but as long as he can handle it, it's all good. He and I went to the "class" yesterday on what to expect right before surgery, during the surgery, and the weeks and months afterwards. Sounds like something he will be fine at doing. He is very excited and I am excited for him. We'll keep ya posted.


Superbowl is this coming weekend. Steve and Kevin are extremely excited. They are going to the Buffalo Wild Wings again. I think the sisters and I are going to Dads to watch some of it and eat.


Jessica had her baby girl. She is so pretty. Congrats to the Rogers.


I have a closing on Friday. woo-hoo. But other than that, I have nothing on the horizon. Been kind of slow the last couple of weeks. Ready for that to change. If I'm not busy, I don't make money!


I was cleaning Peyton's glasses today and they snapped right in half! WTF! I didn't do anything to make them break..just cleaned them. They must have already been cracked. The frames are the original frames we bought..what...2 years ago.
I started this blog this afternoon....my freakin computer locked up and I had to shut it down. It luckily saved a draft so I didn't have to start over. I was too mad to come back to it earlier. But saving graces....here ya go. A new blog for ya.
It is icing REALLY bad outside. We won't be going anywhere in the AM. And the bad thing is we only have like 3 pieces of firewood left. ;( I must say..I am bored. Ready to leave the house and go do something. But, but noonish Wed. it will all be gone and back to life as usual.
Ya'll those live here be safe...for those who don't...be safe anyway.








3 comments:

JESSICA said...

What kind of glasses is Peyton going to get now? I can't wait to see her in them. She's so precious!
Good luck to Steve - I know he can do it!!! I can't wait to see him when it's all said and done. You know we'll need before & after shots. I know you've got great family around, but if you need me to keep Peyton, I'd be glad to. After next week, I'm home 24/7 for a couple of months.

Andi said...

Yes, those glasses must have been cracked already. I'm just glad it didn't happen is PeyPey's possession, you would have gotten soooo mad at her! I hope she has been okay with her eyes...did any of the kids say anything to her yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Steve! Happy new glasses to Peyton and you have fun!
Love, Auntie S