Family Fun

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The joy of motherhood/wifehood!

So how was your week bloggers? Ours...busy would be a good word. A lot of work going on this week. I am going to do my darndest to not work on Sunday. I need a day off. Although, for the most part, I was off on Friday. Minus the 20 phone calls from the same client I had to answer. uggh. Be glad to get them closed and finished. Had a closing on Thurs. But my client didn't apparently get her money transferred from her online savings to her checking to get a check....she didn't have the funds available. So really, I don't get paid until Wed. of this week. For crying out loud! come on people! You gonna buy a house, have the money ready to go! Otherwise...just one of those headaches of a week. I have been so braindead that I have lost my keys 3 times this week! I never lose my keys. I put them in the same spot in my purse. But I have been running from one place to another, that I forget where I put them. 2 of the times I had to just run into the house for a min. from being out and about, and I get out to the car again and have no idea where they are! One time they were in the ignition (after 15 mins of looking) and another they were in a weird pocket in my purse. The other...I don't even remember where I found them. I know....interesting stuff. ha

We went to Brittany's regional honor band concert tonight. Very good. Well done Britt. Really, we are soooo proud of her! She is an awesome kid who is so smart and talented. She does have a great head on her as well. I can only hope Peyton will be as great of a kid as Britt. So afterwards....we went out to the Olive Garden for dinner. Peyton had been telling me that she was thirsty even before we left the house. I poored her a drink and she said she didn't want that to drink. I told her that's what I got for her she can drink it or not. She didn't. So once we got to Olive Garden she was parched. I got her milk. She had that sucked down in no time. I ordered her some more milk. Sucked it down too. So our dinner came....I took a bite of my meal...cut peyton's up. She got one bite down and said she needed to poo poo. Got up took her to the bathroom. She sits down, and throws up all over the floor in the bathroom! OMG! This is what I mean by the joy of motherhood....One other stall was out of order, so there is only one other available. People kept coming in. Yack on the floor...Peyton with her pants down. Me standing there not sure what to do. I tried getting some paper towels to pick it up, but it was too runny. So it took a nice woman going to get an employee who brought in a roll of paper towels. She handed them to me as I picked it up. Then the mop. Cleaned peyton up while waiting on her to get the mop. Cleaned myself up too! By the time we were done, the whole clan was walking to the lobby to leave. Dinner over. I wasn't in any mood to eat anyway. What a waste of a $40 dinner! I think Peyton drank too much milk and too fast. She isn't hot, and seems to be fine. Poor baby. She kept saying, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I didn't mean to." I felt bad for her. I kept telling her I know, and that she is fine. She is not in trouble. It happens. All part of being a mommy, I know. But that part sucks. ha

So here is some news for ya.....Steve is having lapband surgery on Feb. 9th. Steve has struggled with weight, as many of us have, for a long time. Although, it seems he tries and fails a lot more than some people. He has had enough. He feels he needs medical intervention. I agree. His weight has risen in the past year, and I think the more he tries and fails, the worse it gets. A vicious cycle, nonetheless. I really am excited for him. He is up for a manager position at work, and when he told his current manager that he is thinking about doing it, she said that it had been brought up by the higher ups! WHAT! Really! You hear about weight holding you back in your career, but really...I didn't believe that too much. But there is a stigma attached to it. Even though Steve is the hardest working, most respected employee in his dept. it is assumed by the higher ups that he is lazy and disorganized. His manager quickly dispelled that, but still. So that kind of nailed the coffin, so to speak, on that decision. He is going to do it and I am proud of him for making the tough decision. He has to be on an optifast diet for 2 weeks before. This is a liquid protien type drink. It is an 800 calorie a day diet!!!! Nothing else. Just 5 of these drinks a day. He can have sugar free drinks other than soda, jello, popsicles...that's it! OMG! He is going to be a bear over the next month or so. Because after the surger he is on a liquid diet for a period of time too. He has his preop stuff on the 26th and that's when he starts the optifast. Lordie....should be interesting. He was quickly approved from our insurance co. and turns out our insurance changed at the first of the year which makes the approval process from insurance a lot easier. The other insurance he would have had to do 6 months with a nutritionist, phsych analysis...etc. Jumping through hoops basically. So be thinking about Steve. I will keep you posted though.

That's all I got folks. I hope you all have a great week. Adios!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on sales! Poor Peyton, thats tough on you both! Tell Steve we are thinking of him & that all will be good cause the 9th is my B'day so his safety is my present! We are having same battle here & are many Americans! New, better times coming! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

OMG - poor Peyton. She & Ash are the throw-up queens, huh? Thank God for the aide of the stranger in the restroom!
That IS a very tough decision to make, and I know things will work out just fine for Steve. Please keep us posted on his journey with the liquid diets - it will be really interesting to read.

Andi said...

Poor PeyPey and Aly! You know I totally know how you feel...Ash being the vomit queen and all. I'm so thankful that woman helped you. Where the heck was RC to help? Best of Luck to Steve, it will all be for the best!

Anonymous said...

Poor Peyton and mostly poor Mommy for having to clean it up. I would think they would have a maintenance person to help.

Best of luck, Steve. It will be worth the sacrifice. Just remember, no pain, no gain. You will gain your self respect back. Just take everything the doctor says seriously and do what he says. Love Meme