Family Fun

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy, Busy







These are pics of our "snow day".
Peyton and I slid down the driveway on a cardboard box. We have a steep driveway so it makes for a good hill to slide down. We enjoyed the ice for the small amount of time we saw it. It was pretty much melted by noon that day.
All has been well here. Steve has lost now 21 pounds in 10 days!!!!! On that optifast diet. 2 weeks of the liquid diet before he can have surgery. Wow! That stuff works for sure. ha But I just think if one was to do that as their diet, once they eat real food the weight would come back on. My theory anyway.
So I have a 16-17 year old with really bad teeth. Chloe always has had bad teeth. We have gotten her teeth cleaned numerous times. It is something that looks good for about 2 weeks then it looks like crap again. They get really infected looking, and I really do think they hurt her. I have been hesitant to get them cleaned...for one...it costs $500, and second do you put a 17 year old dog under to have her teeth cleaned. I kind of think we should because I think it is affecting her quality of life. What are your thoughts?
Anyway...just thought I would post some pictures and touch base. We are here and hanging in. I am at work right now and fixing to go show. So I will blog again later.
I am on Facebook.com now if you want to be my friend. ;)
I am trying to post a video for ya...Have tried 3 times and it isn't working. So I will try again another day.
Take care and have a great day!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are treasures! Loved the last one of Peyton on your lap to slide! Steve looks thinner already! Good luck Steve; all will go well! As for the "puppy" which is what I call all dogs of age cause I can't think about....whatever; at that age maybe the Dr. can advise if it will be safe & add to "quality of life". If Pup is eating maybe its ok to leave well enough alone. Love, Auntie S

Andi said...

That 1st picture of Steve is S-C-A-R-Y!! Back the camera up a little next time, ha! Chloe?!?! Is she still alive? hehe, inside joke, people. Poor Chloe. I say get them cleaned! If it makes her last days a little happier, then it's worth it! But definitely consult the doctor 1st. It may be risky with her. The ice hill looks fun! I'm glad you didn't break a hip, old woman!

Anonymous said...

How about using $50 bucks of that money and make her life real comfortable. Take the other $450 bucks and buy your husband some new Superbowl Champion Merchandise.