Family Fun

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Flu in all its glory

Oh lordie. Poor Peyton! My baby girl has been sick all week. Monday afternoon...I could tell she wasn't her self,but was fine. We met some friends for dinner Mon. night and She immediately went downhill. She was shaking like a leaf. That is my sign that she has a fever. We quickly ate, and headed home. Tues. She just layed around and didn't have the fever return until that evening. Wed. morning I took her to the dr. Confirmed....the flu. Crap! So I have been home with the sick little girl since. It's weird, because she seems to do pretty well during the day, and then tanks at night. Today she has been coughing her little head off. And to boot, I am having trouble with her taking her medicine. I never have problems with that. She loves her medicine. She could hit her arm on the table and ask if she can have her medicine. The Tamiflu medicine must really taste bad. I tried mixing it with the pink motrin she likes, then she gave me a hard time taking the pink medicine. This morning I tried putting it in orange juice...she frowned upon that. Then tonight I put it in milk because she had been asking for milk. The medicine is white, so I thought the milk would mask it a little more. That girl is too smart for her own good. She took one sip...looked at it, and said "did somebody put something in this"..."Yuck..this taste different." LOL. oh man! Then the motrin and the cough medicine had to be poored down her throat. She would not drink it. We had to do it last night too. It is a very messy and sad experience. She screams, cries, kicks and screams. She just in general is not acting herself. Poor baby.

Steve and I have been trying very hard not to catch her illness. It does not look like fun. I can't get sick. I have a convention in San Antonio on the 9th I must go to. Already paid for and all! I will be pissed, I know that!

Otherwise, that's all I know. It has been a very boring week here at home. I have been napping and drinking lots of fluids and have gone through a jar of hand sanitizer. Did a little work, played on the computer...that's it! ha Not a lot of fun! But glad I am able to be here for Peyton. She's wanted her Mommy this week.

Hope ya'll have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Peyton is sick! Unc Richard had it last week & I've had it this! I'm coughing better & can get out of bed now! Hope you two don't get it! Try calling the Dr. office for new yummy flavored one, are they nuts giving ucky tasting to a sick child! Love, Auntie S

JESSICA said...

I hope she gets to feeling better Ally. Kids usually do so well with sickness - it's you & Steve I worry about. Hopefully y'all don't catch it.
We have an AWFUL medicine taker here...Jaydon. It takes both Jeremy and me to give him medicine. One of us has to hold his arms and legs down while the other syringes the meds down his throat. If anybody were here while we were doing that, they would call CPS on us. It's really bad and has been since he was a baby. I can COMPLETELY relate and hopefully this bad tasting stuff doesn't make her hate medicine forever.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Poor Peyton. :( I completely understand what she is going thru this is what I have been fighting for over 14 days now. If you need help let me know since I have already had it. Feel better eyton. :) J

Andi said...

Poor PeyPey! I'm glad she is starting to feel better and sleeping okay! Now get some work done, would ya?!?! LOL!