Family Fun

Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the winner is...Slumbdog Millionaire

Good God! How many Oscars do you think that movie won tonight. Gets a little boring when the same people are going up to recieve their trophy. Never seen it, so I don't know what all the fuss is.
Hope ya'll had a good weekend. We had a pretty good weekend. Pretty boring, but good. People...I need a client. While I am very happy to have my weekends free, it also means I don't have any business. Catch 22, but If I ain't workin', I have no prospect of money.
Friday night....nothing much at all. Gee...what did we do. Humm...Oh yes...went to Jobo's hamburgers. ha That's it, I think. Then Sat. morning Steve went to work and I took Peyton to a birthday party for some twin girls that are in her class. Actually, I think this is her first friends party that we have gone to. We have been invited to a couple, but haven't gone for one reason or another. But she had a great time. It was a "dress up" party. They dressed up in dress up clothes and shoes. We applied make up and nail polish to their cute little fingers and toes. Then they had a little tea party. Very sweet. The twins are too cute. I always thought they were identicle because they look soooo much alike. They are not. Too weird. Then when we got home, Steve was home and his folks had just pulled up at our house. We then all went out to lunch. We came home and hung out for a while, then I proceeded to take a nap. ;) (delightful) Decided that the sisters and brother-in-laws would play poker. Today...again, nothing much. Peyton was in our room by 8:30..ugh. So we got up and ate some breakfast, hung out and I was back in bed for a nap by 10:30. (again..delightful) I took a serious nap this time. I would say a good 2 1/2 hours. I promised Steve yesterday that I would go eat chinese food with him, so we did. YUCK! Egg rolls and fried rice is all I ate. Peyton a little fried rice. So she was hungry pretty quick. ha Then out of absolute bordum and nothing else to do we ran over to Best Buy. We managed to pick out $10k worth of items in 30 mins. Will we ever be able to purchase those items???NO! We picked out a 53 inch LCD TV, a console to hold all the components, a stainless steal fridge, diswasher, microwave, stove, dishwasher and washer and dryer. hehehehe....
Oh to dream. But we did buy Peyton a new Dora movie. She was soooo thrilled.
Here is how smart and incredibly viligent in her memory she is. We went to that birthday party on Sat. morning. Then on the way home from Andi's that night, we turned right by the neighborhood that her friends house was in that we were at that morning. She said, "Daddy, if we go straight we can go to Olivia and Abigale's house." SOO funny! She does that a lot. If we go a different way home, she asks, "Mommy, where are we going, this isn't the way home."
Here are some pictures from the party she went to.
Amy painting Peytons finger nails

Tea party
Big smile with her make up and glitter on


Hayden putting on Abigales makeup
Left to right: Olivia, Hayden, Abigale, and Peyton
Anyway...you guys have a good week. Not much going on this week for us. Same ol' Same ol'. Gonna see if I can drum up some business, mainly.
Have a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Looked like a cute party...right up Peyton's alley! Ask people if you can take their floor duty shifts! At least you'll have more of a chance then. Have a good week!

JESSICA said...

Good luck drumming up business! Peyton looks so darn cute. :)

Where are the picturs of Steve? I want to see his progress...

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Life with no drama is a good thing! Loved the AAwards this year & Hugh Jackmen! Peyton is such a Girl, very good on direction too! Love, Auntie S