Family Fun

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Well. How was y'alls easter? Ours was great. I am sorry to admit we didn't go to church this year. We at least try to goto the program they have at my Mom's church, but didn't make that because I worked all day. And then this morning we hung out as the little family that we are. My favorite.
Saturday was an Easter egg hunt at Steve's folks church. I had to work so Steve took Peyton there. I got to work and the receptionist there said to just go. If there was a call she would call me on my cell. Our new rule is that if you are on floor duty you have to be at the office. So I took off and went to the church for a while. I kind of wish I had just stayed at work. ha I'll tell you why in a min. It was a nice surprise for Peyton because she cried when she left in the morning to go and I wasn't going too. Which made me cry. uggh. So when I showed up and surprised her and steve she was excited. I missed the egg hunt but they had bounce houses and cupcakes. Here are a few pictures to tell the rest of the story....
Soooo...Peyton was happy to see me. Playing in the bounce houses.

And picking up Easter eggs...


Posing for pictures...

Eating cupcakes...


Then the melt down. She was walking around barefoot because she was going back and forth to the different bounce houses. She stubbed her toe on the concrete and was bleeding with skin hanging off. She was crying. Ok. Don't blame her. Tried cleaning it off, she freaked. The nice lady at the church ran in and got me a band aid. K...Peyton, for some odd reason, does not like bandaids. She freaks out about them. Hasn't let me put one on her for a couple of years now. Weird fear....but a fear nonetheless. So she is screaming, freaking out, and asked her to please let me put her shoe on her. She screamed and cried. We are now into full blown meltdown. Kicking and screaming. Here is the end result of this little excursion.


Yes, Steve carrying her off kicking and screaming. She did not want to have to leave but wouldn't put her shoes on, wouldn't let us put on a bandaid, clean her wound or anything. Then she wouldn't walk to the car. So steve picked her up and carried her away. Steve's mom said she had people from the church calling her asking if she was ok later that afternoon. Oy...she is now known as the cryer. ha
She does this about once a year. This was a pretty bad one, but she has had one worse one when she was about 2. That one was BAD. Took me and Steve both to hold her down to get her in her carseat.
Other than that...it was a nice time. I, personally was fine with having to go back to work after that. haha Let steve deal with the cranky kid. So I did. Then Steve calmed her down and she actually let him put on a bandaid when we got home!!!! I was SHOCKED!

Steve's folks wanted her to come over after the church function, but due to circumstances of our little monster freaking out, she couldn't go right away. So steve too her back later. She did very well and stayed there for dinner too. Which was nice, because after steve went with me to show a crazy man a house, (because I didn't feel safe alone), he and I went out and had Sushi. We tried a different place this time and it was very good. We tried a new one which was very spicey! Can't remember the name of it now, but wow. My stomach was burning for a few hours after. But it sure was yummy. We also finished getting all of our Easter day festivity stuff. Nice day overall.
Today, woke up and made my family some yummy Texas breakfast. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, and eggs. Steve took a picture to save the memory because I don't cook breakfast that often.




Love breakfast food, but am not enough of a morning person to get up and feel like cooking or eating for that matter. But on Easter, I will do it. Then Peyton checked out her basket and hunted easter eggs in the house. Which is a tradition we started last year.

Then after our morning festivities I saw a perfect window of opportunity for a NAP! And I took it! Not long enough, but a nap nonetheless. ;)
Off to Andi's we went for good food and our crazy easter egg hunt. It was raining earlier in the day, so we had to all wear these pretty blue booties so we didn't ruin our shoes and andi's house from the wet and sorta muddy ground. Here are some pics.











Good times. Happy Easter, and have a good week.

5 comments:

Andi said...

The picture of Steve carrying Peyton to the car made me laugh out loud, not sure why. I guess because I've seen that image before! Poor PeyPey, it hurts to stub your toe! She wished me Happy Easter like 23 times yesterday, which was sooo cute! I'm glad y'all had a good day!

Rae Carol said...

hahaha...and you think I am in trouble when Sydney becomes a teenager? I think we both are in a world of hurt come the teenage years!!! Fun Easter!!! You should make it a point to go to church though!!! Bad Christian you!! The wrath of God shall come down on you!! Some God mother you are!!

JESSICA said...

That sweet little girl having a MELTDOWN - no way!
At least she doesn't barf like another little girl I know. :)

Anonymous said...

Peyton is so smart; she knows bandaids hurt when they come off! Great pics! Great blog! AND, God loves you even when you aren't in church! Love, Auntie S

Anonymous said...

My poor Peyton. Yes you should have come to the church program. You should be ashamed. Mom