Family Fun

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Home again!

Hello all! Hope you guys had a good week. We had a good week, but a busy one...thus why there was no blog during the past week.

So I was off to San Antonio for the Century 21 Annual Convention in San Antonio. My friend, Erica, came with me. She came in from Washington last Sunday night. We had to leave Monday morning for San Antonio. We spent most of the week there, and came home Thurs. night. But we'll get into that in a min.
So, feeling guilty as a mother, I spoiled my child rotten over the weekend last week. Knowing that I was leaving my poor child to be without her mother for a week I did all I could to make myself feel better about it. Sad, I know. But the guilt I have as a mommy leaving my baby to work and leave town for work...please! How does every working mother do this! ughh So on Friday of last week I took her to the nail salon to get a mani and pedi. She cracked me up. She really didn't do the full blown mani and pedi. Just filed her nails and painted them...so she spent most of the time waiting on me to get done..ha But I guess, now that I think about it, she hasn't been in one of those places. All the comotion, all the nail techs wearing dr. masks...lots of people scurrying around...she looked terrified! The put a chair for her next to me. She sat in it and didn't move!!! She was sitting up straight, not talking, not smiling...just sitting stiff as a board. Then they moved us to the pedicure chairs. Also sat in a chair next to me, still not moving. I could tell her back was getting stiff from sitting so still and straight. I tried to tell her to relax and her reply was, "I'm fine." LOL She then got her nails and toes painted. I think she felt special, but still scared. Once we left she was so excited that her nails were so pretty and purple. So after that we went to lunch with Mom, Andi and Addy. So a lunch out with the girls. Then Friday night Ashleigh spent the night. What a treat! Saturday we drove her and Ash over to Mom's so she could take them to the Incredible Pizza Co. (kind of like a Chucky cheese.) Then when we got her back later that day, she got to go to her friend Carson's house for a night of playing with him and Abby. Carson is Peyton's age and Abby is a bit older. She always has fun there. Then Sunday we spent the day at home helping Mommy get ready to leave town.

Here are some pictures from the convention....
Yee-haw

Yee-haw and woo-hoo..ha
The "denim and diamonds" event


Big Phil and Little Vicky 2 steppin'
Cowboy up peyton
Oops a duplicate..can't figure out how to delete it. ha
Line dancin'...Julie (left) Ruth (right)..Have no
idea who that is in the middle. ha
Line dancing (L-R) Ros (broker), Tim (broker), Ruth
"Denim and Diamonds" event with Tim my broker
and Erica
Princesses Peyton and Erica
So it was a good time. We stayed on the Riverwalk at a very overpriced hotel. Nickle and dimed ya to death. Drove down on Monday and as soon as I got there one of the classes I wanted to take was changed to Monday instead of Tues. So immediately went and changed, registered and off to a class. The first night was a welcome party at a place called Sunset Station. It was a good time. That's where most of the pictures came from. Tuesday we went to the boring general session. Really, it was boring. That lasted until about 11:30. Went to lunch, then to classes. Came back immediately and changed and had to leave to go to our office party. Our brokers were staying at their aunt and uncle's house. So they had a chef cook us up some good mexican food and hung out there for the evening. It was a lot of fun. But we were exhausted. Back to the hotel....finally I slept. I couldn't sleep the first night. I am a creature of habit and was not in my habit or in my bed. Took Tylenol PM the 2nd and 3rd night and slept like a baby. Wed....again the general session, lunch, did the Expo they had there for all the new products and such, and went to classes. Wed. night we had our Denim and Diamonds event. Had Henry Cho as the comedian, and Julian Hough (sp?) as the entertainment. More awards and such. Then we had our Centurion event. Had some food and beverages and a nice banquet room and such. It was lovely. The food was ritsy food...we didn't care for it...so we gingerly stummbled back to the hotel because both of our shoes were killing me, and plus I had been in heals all day long walking 2 miles in them...OUCH! We ordered a pizza that we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for, and get redressed to walk down the lobby to get. Plus it sucked! But it was food. Woke up late on Thurs and drove on home. With, of course, a nice stop at the outlet mall to shop. Shopped for a good couple of hours and continued on our way. Didn't get home till close to 7pm. THEN immediately left to go to dinner with the sisters and family so they could see Erica before she left. Not home again until 10pm. Then Friday had to get Erica to the airport. Today, Saturday..had to work at the office. Tomorrow....I am sitting on my ASS!
So it was a long and busy week. Erica already had to head it back to WA. Life is back to normal with some more sleep...I will feel like a million bucks. ;)
Ya'll have a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allson you forgot to tell about the nice lunch you and Erica had at cheddars with your dad on Friday before her Flight. He had a good time with you girls he told me all about it. & thanks for the left overs ya got good taste too. yum. glad you had fun on your trip. bring Peyton over to visit me and the kids sometime on the weekedays . they like her.c u
Anna

Andi said...

No wonder poor Ashleigh got to bed WAY past her bedtime...she had to wait for Aunt Ally to get her lazy ass out of bed who slept late AND wait on her to do HOURS of shopping! Poor girl! Glad you had fun!

JESSICA said...

I see lots of smiling - good time it looks like! :)
You deserved a break but I know how fun it is to get back to the family.

Anonymous said...

Good trip, safely home & all is well? Life is good! Love, Auntie S